Renegade CJ

Which liner? It is amazing how much of a difference getting those first coats on makes you feel.
I used the Raptor Liner. I've used it several times and like how it lays down. It's a pretty hard product so it works well for this application. Not sure that it would be my go-to for an actual bedliner though...

I debated doing the bottom of mine, and probably should have. Looks great Matt!
Thanks Brooks. Prepping the bottom was a bit of a chore but I am hoping it makes keeping it clean easier. Well painted surfaces tend to clean much easier and I am hoping to keep this one in good shape.

I used Al's on mine and I have been a little disappointed in the stick of it. It laid down really nice, but it has peeled up in my floors from my feet. Very frustrating after taking so much time to do it.

They did. All Spicer components. I know some people have had issues with them recently but if you buy the good stuff up front they put together a quality product.

Got the booster mounted and all of the brake lines in place and bolted down yesterday. Mocked up the 8274. Cant decide if I want to weld the mount directly to the bumper/frame or make it removable... Going to try to put in a couple hours every night this week and see if I can have it looking more like a Jeep before the holiday weekend starts.

Got the booster mounted and all of the brake lines in place and bolted down yesterday. Mocked up the 8274. Cant decide if I want to weld the mount directly to the bumper/frame or make it removable... Going to try to put in a couple hours every night this week and see if I can have it looking more like a Jeep before the holiday weekend starts.
Let me know when you get to the wiring, I'll come up and give you a hand...

Well a 95* SC afternoon and about 2-1/2 hard hours on this winch plate cutting and welding. We have a removable mount. Couldn’t bring myself to have it welded directly on.... Lost one bolt hole to the raised steering box but wi have two in the center to make up for it.

3A3F43FE-B970-4DF1-B3E2-F85DA1E34E3F.jpeg DD443BFC-43B6-48F9-BABF-958146F4B66E.jpeg B641D293-C7C7-4FE5-9886-3C46AF54DA59.jpeg

Looked back through this thread for the first time today while taking a break from paper work....

Holy crap this thing has changed a ton. Should have kept up with my hours on this build so I could have my feelings hurt in a few weeks...

Hoping for it to be running/yard driving by the end of the month (July)

Got the steering reservoir/filter mount made and mounted on the shock tower, lines plumbed/routed, gas tank in place and holes drilled for the fuel lines.

Gonna hit the lake for the weekend and hop back on this project Sunday.

E9A51887-3A1A-4B40-929A-50B56BF74C23.jpeg A64ED0B1-54B7-4463-AD9B-93702ECE9719.jpeg 023B8B8B-D973-4F72-9D9F-455A5CDFB4CD.jpeg 88FA15CB-98DE-4EFC-A414-4D9F8DA6D29C.jpeg

Hope to do fuel lines and trans cooler lines Sunday. Then will be time to start fitting the engine harness back on. Still have to loom up the Jeep harness. If I remember correct I had split off for auxiliary switch power as well as ignition switch power for the fan and fuel pump. Have to wire up all the gauges and accessories.
Feels like we’re so close.

Fuel lines are made, pump actually mounted this time..., and trans cooler mounted to radiator along with lines made. Trying to decide how I’d like to hold the lines to the frame. Zip ties just don’t seem right...

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER