Renegade CJ

Looks good Larry. I will probably go the same route. I used cushion clamps on the car. The CJ has a full length return unlike the car so was looking for a clamp like you posted to keep them side by side neatly. I had some hydraulic line clamps here but they looked like crap.

Headed to the candy shop tomorrow. Not finished with the aluminum panel for the cooler rack yet it will have three dimple died holes to access the fuel filler easily and be uniform.

A1CB5082-37F1-4F92-B1E0-6052B5C8FD66.jpeg 6DF21000-1732-4673-A277-E1D6704B1E23.jpeg 4083B409-0A24-406E-B56E-DA72F264BA69.jpeg D8FE74BD-8754-4414-9918-6A05D3AF5D7F.jpeg

So we’re getting down to a punch list on the CJ....
-Wire gauges
-Wire and mount radio/speakers
-Wire fuel pump
-Cut and install corners
-Make the sliders
-Fluids
-Nut and Bolt Check
-Charge shocks/set ride height

C264E679-0721-428B-8FA9-538DEF7F1A18.jpeg

this thing is going to be sweet! you planning a test run before moab?
Had an ambitious thought of Harlan next weekend but Nick and then aren’t going now. Plan now is Windrock for a weekend in the next two weeks. A lot of street miles and probably a quick gulches run.

I hope to have it “finished” this weekend.

It’s running. Cage is in. Power steering system bled. Trans shifter mounted. Still have to connect brake lines and bleed system. Also have to get atlas shifter set up, mount and cut body armor, get lights in and working, and some other small stuff.

Had two injectors go bad while it was down. I got one of them back going but had to order one for #8.

Got the injector in. All good on that side now. Sounds much better...

Got one side corner cut and installed.

Have to check on the fan wiring tomorrow and address an exhaust leak.

7D1E74C7-B228-4016-B2B3-934DB4E829C9.jpeg

Having a fan wiring issue. My original relay did not allow for a negative trigger. Now I have one that should and am fighting this thing. I want it to trigger from the ECM and an auxiliary switch...may just have to rewire from the relay to ECM and switch. I suppose pulling the harness I could have grounded the wire?? Tomorrow’s mystery...

Any 4 wire relay should have worked for negative trigger. Nothing really special needed to do a ECM with Switch override, unless you want to override the ECM On. IE turn it off.
CaptureMatt.PNG
If the relay has a build in Snubbing diode, you may have to reverse 86 / 85 . If the relay is marked with either of those being ground then adjust accordingly. I would recommend relays with a built in diode just to add some extra protection to the ecm.

That’s exactly how it’s wired... but not working properly. I’ll tear into it more this afternoon and report back. For test purposes my hot wire is jumped from the battery but that shouldn’t matter.