Just another Green 98 TJ Sahara

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
You make a valid point... What is involved in swapping in a high pinion?
New driveline vibrations.

Nothing really too it except possibly shortening front driveshaft a hair or pushing front axle forward. If you're doing a full carrier locker you're doing gear setup anyway, but you'll need to buy a set of hp gears. Probably won't find a 3.73 HP30.

The lockers are nice out there, but you will have so much traction you won't know what to do. I rented a Rubicon out there last year and we only turned on the lockers on a couple of really steep climbs that one could bypass. I didn't so I could scare my wife.

I was wishing I could unlock my front end for our moab trip because of the sticky rock, I would probably suggest not just including a lunchbox locker, which wasn't on your list anyway.

E-Locker it is... Now... How dumb would it be to put this in my LP30 knowing i might in the future go to a HP? I just really don't want to regear right now.

Finally Got a tracking number for the locker, its being drop shipped to my installer, after waiting 2 + Weeks though his distributors we punted and i ordered from Quadratec. I hope to have my Jeep back next week to start my Moab Prep.

• Wire Locker
  • I splurged on ECGS Parking brake cables and new hardware to attach them to the lever.
  • Nut bolt check on all the suspension stuff
  • Double check A/C Charge
  • CPS Sensor Replacement
  • Load in Backseat
  • Make a hold down plate for highlift into rear bumper carrier
  • Recovery gear, Spare parts
  • Choose a set of shocks... (Worn out OMEs, New Softer OMEs - Short, New Hard OMEs - Long)
  • Replace Driveshaft Bolts with Proper bolts.
  • Check Fluids (t-case / trans)
  • Build interior wheel well pockets for stuff.
  • Consider ZJ Steering upgrade
  • Wiper Motor / Switch if time allows (I think the park switch is sticky)
  • 4 wheel alignment
  • Ball Joints
  • Mount / Activate In-Reach

Last edited:
Are you having CPS issues? They tend to have a high number of faulty in the box replacements I understand.

V8 ZJ stuff?
Yeah thats what i meant.

I was thinking CPS for my random misfire issue, I have one Miller recommended NIB in the jeep. Drove all the way up to the installers house (2 hours away) and no CEL ... Was on when i left Home, Not on when i arrived... WEIRD... Perhaps I shouldn't change it?

Got the ECGS parking brake cables in... Those things are nice.
20200803_180328.jpg 20200803_180344.jpg

Also mounted the jack in the holder, blocks the tag but I only expect to run it on trips so I'll roll the dice...
20200803_202636.jpg 20200803_202656.jpg 20200803_202628.jpg
Also found the wiring for my CB was in pieces so I started the repair but it was raining and I needed tools from everywhere.