Just another Green 98 TJ Sahara

Somehow convenienced my father to come over this morning and help me get thing put back together. Made good progress, got the heater core and evaporator installed and the new vacuum line ran. Realized I have the wrong vacuum actuator, so I'll need to source the correct one, but it's accessable from the passenger floorboard. Got the the dash and steering column back in. (Boy that steering column was the worst part of the project) 20200215_125004.jpg 20200215_125021.jpg

Kinda being lazy and not making the sort of progress i should be, but had a lot of evening projects keeping me out of the shop this week. I did spend some time on my overhead console upgrades. Going overkill and making a 8-32 tapped cheese plate. 20200216_142036.jpg 20200222_195926.jpg 20200222_202233.jpg

So who makes a top post battery mount battery disconnect that isnt a giant pos?

These never seem to work long term.
61HL-2rfJUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I really wish someone made a Blue Sea style Post mounted switch.
6006.jpg

can you mount a blue sea style switch?
I was really trying to avoid that, dont really have a good place to put it without making super long cables, I ordered one tonight, im gonna see if i can make a top post adapter to connect/mount the switch directly to the battery...Ordered some new lathe tools as well, so.....

Something like this, I ordered some Brass, to make the buss bar out of, Might coat it lead to ensure oxidation isnt a issue...I was reading aluminum is not a good idea... CaptureBattery.JPG

Dad came over today and together we made loads of progress on my projects. First and most importantly we got the AC installed all of the lines connected, Oil put in the correct places and sensors installed. Im going to take it into work this coming week and pull a vacuum on it and fingers crossed charge it up. I did a partial warm up with the new heater core installed and was starting to feel heat. I might actually enjoy driving this thing once its all back together with functioning climate control.

Moved on to my Battery disconnect project. Dad and I looked and discussed several option when he had the eureka moment! We came up with what i think is the best way to do a proper disconnect on a TJ/LJ. So much so that i really need to draw it all up and maybe have some kits made. Here is what we came up with (PS having a machine shop in your shop is freaking awesome). 95% of this was eyeball engineering, so its not a perfectly perfected design, but i'm super duper happy with it. The feed between the battery and the switch is only 4awg wire, but at a foot long with a 300 amp draw your still talking less than a volt of drop, its gonna be plenty big enough.
20200307_162955.jpg 20200307_163010.jpg 20200307_163014.jpg 20200307_163018.jpg 20200307_163326.jpg 20200307_164844.jpg 20200307_164849.jpg

Also made some good progress on my overhead communication / camera / lighting console, but didn't snap any photos of that yet.

Dad came over today and together we made loads of progress on my projects. First and most importantly we got the AC installed all of the lines connected, Oil put in the correct places and sensors installed. Im going to take it into work this coming week and pull a vacuum on it and fingers crossed charge it up. I did a partial warm up with the new heater core installed and was starting to feel heat. I might actually enjoy driving this thing once its all back together with functioning climate control.

Moved on to my Battery disconnect project. Dad and I looked and discussed several option when he had the eureka moment! We came up with what i think is the best way to do a proper disconnect on a TJ/LJ. So much so that i really need to draw it all up and maybe have some kits made. Here is what we came up with (PS having a machine shop in your shop is freaking awesome). 95% of this was eyeball engineering, so its not a perfectly perfected design, but i'm super duper happy with it. The feed between the battery and the switch is only 4awg wire, but at a foot long with a 300 amp draw your still talking less than a volt of drop, its gonna be plenty big enough.
View attachment 19581 View attachment 19582 View attachment 19583 View attachment 19584 View attachment 19585 View attachment 19586 View attachment 19587 :unsure:

Also made some good progress on my overhead communication / camera / lighting console, but didn't snap any photos of that yet.
Looks good, what’s the kit gonna run?

Seems like the A/C held vacuum overnight. Im still working on wiring. Every time i look at it i get more frustrated because there isn't a great way to achieve what im wanting to do.... Heading over to west marine to see if they have something to limit my frustration.

Well, Pulled the trigger and started... Not super happy with this solution, but not a lot of options. Added neoprene foam and dielectric grease to hopefully keep out the moisture. This solution gives me plenty of flexibility and field repairablilty.

20200310_200104.jpg .