#OSCAR4 live event coverage

Yeah, Matt is right because I've got a guy here local doing the same thing for me and yes it will be the same dimensions as the RCI I was running. He's actually got my old fuel cell right now for dimension references. Also as Matt already stated he's using parts from the RCI cell such as fill neck, etc to use on the new tank. I agree with Matt, get it done local or for some reason that doesn't work out let me know.

i dont know anyone local here...problem with rci is they have no baffles inside so the fuel slams agaist it....i want a sump on this one so it will gravity feed instead of making the pump suck it up

http://www.wallaceracing.com/gear-speed.php

According to this 56.61 MPH at 6K RPM. Probably pretty close. Should have done a GPS track of the weekend. Damnit.
Dang, I was hoping for a little slower. I know when my rear shaft let go I was spinning the motor pretty close to the rev limiter in OD. That would put me up close to 60mph. The gear I want to go to will limit me 47mph without bumping up my rev limiter. The other option is to go with a different gear, put on the turbo, and up the rev limiter. This would give me the HP and torque numbers as well as a 55-57mph top end. It is a ton more work though and tuning it would probably kill me. I just really need a little more gear for slower speed stuff. Don't get me wrong I like to run at it, but it would be nice to be able to pull a ledge or through a rock garden without momentum when I need to.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Dang, I was hoping for a little slower. I know when my rear shaft let go I was spinning the motor pretty close to the rev limiter in OD. That would put me up close to 60mph. The gear I want to go to will limit me 47mph without bumping up my rev limiter. The other option is to go with a different gear, put on the turbo, and up the rev limiter. This would give me the HP and torque numbers as well as a 55-57mph top end. It is a ton more work though and tuning it would probably kill me. I just really need a little more gear for slower speed stuff. Don't get me wrong I like to run at it, but it would be nice to be able to pull a ledge or through a rock garden without momentum when I need to.
What is the transfer case in your rig?

What is the transfer case in your rig?
It is a transaxle. It basically keeps me locked into low range at all times. I have some ideas to fix that, but for now I am looking for a quick fix. I have a lot of machine projects going on and have the drivetrain for another buggy on the chassis table so I just want this one working.

Current Ratios
1st 3.545
2nd 1.904
3rd 1.233
4th 0.855
Transaxle diff 3.526
differentials 2.93

Love it man. Great power. I messed up by removing my factory overflow. That's going back on this week. I guess I will also start draining my fuel in case the bad fuel was leftover from the fall.