• Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.

LM4 5.3L and 4L60E swap into 2004 LJ

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I finally put the Rusty's radiator skid back on. The Moab Must Do list is now complete... :(

It fit fine with the Superior radiator, I just had to bend the hard section of the power steering line a little to keep the rubber part from rubbing a sharp edge on the bottom of the radiator.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I finally did some careful measuring after talking to @matth_85 about the AC bracket on his Camaro. The low mount Dirty Dingo hotrod mount would fit between the frame, but the upper control arm would hit the tensioner assembly with just a couple inches of up travel. So, I'll be using the Dave's high mount bracket I have.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Tripp and I did some pressure differential testing on my jeep and compared to his today. Results show the under hood pressure increases with speed, and similar results with both our jeeps.

20200703_171243_resized.jpg

With the Moab trip coming up, I don't really want to take any chances on the fix for the running hot. I plan to do everything I can to bring temps down and hope that some or all of it helps. I'm going to remove the fog lights, do a remote trans cooler, and vent the hood.