LM4 5.3L and 4L60E swap into 2004 LJ

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I got my AC hoses today and it looks like this is all going to work. Had to make a quick run to TSC before closing because the screws that shipped with the compressor were too short for the adapter, but got there just in time.

20200826_203216.jpg
20200826_222045.jpg

I didn't uncap the accumulator yet. Tripp is going to come by tomorrow and we'll hook it up and pull a vacuum.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Finally put the Flowkooler water pump on. Probably won't see if it actually has any affect until the summer. I also have a better flex a lite fan and some shroud flaps to install over the winter.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Since I put the FlowKooler pump on, whenever I press the fun pedal a little too hard the belt would jump a groove to the back and start clicking. It did this several times at Uwharrie and a couple other times just driving around.

The Dave's AC bracket instructions have you put washers in addition to the spacer tubes (circled). Yesterday I pulled those washers out. After that, the belt would walk a groove to the front. Today, I took it apart again and put in washers half the thickness. Seems to be fixed.

Screenshot_20211229-163440_Drive.jpg

20211229_162648.jpg
20211229_162654.jpg

My theory is the bosses on the FlowKooler pump that the AC bracket bolts to are a little thicker. In factory applications those bosses are only used to mount the tensioner so alignment is not as critical.

Since I put the FlowKooler pump on, whenever I press the fun pedal a little too hard the belt would jump a groove to the back and start clicking. It did this several times at Uwharrie and a couple other times just driving around.

The Dave's AC bracket instructions have you put washers in addition to the spacer tubes (circled). Yesterday I pulled those washers out. After that, the belt would walk a groove to the front. Today, I took it apart again and put in washers half the thickness. Seems to be fixed.

View attachment 22425

View attachment 22426
View attachment 22427

My theory is the bosses on the FlowKooler pump that the AC bracket bolts to are a little thicker. In factory applications those bosses are only used to mount the tensioner so alignment is not as critical.
glad you figured it out.