#CedarHollowSC

well, i know it doesn't look like it, but its been a busy few weeks. We have moved all of our house things into the shipping container, and we are doing photos tomorrow and it goes on the market thursday. So we are about to be homeless...with land and a camper. But until septic approval comes in we will be crashing with my parents....

DHEC came back with an initial decline for Septic but they plan to come back monday because they have to do a second opinion for all non approved sites. I have a friend bringing a backhoe out and we'll see what we see... but it looks like we may have to figure out how to hook up to sewer at the road 1300 feet away.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I wonder if they're more inclined to decline if there is another option (even though that option sucks). Didn't your neighbor on the right say he had septic system?

I wonder if they're more inclined to decline if there is another option (even though that option sucks). Didn't your neighbor on the right say he had septic system?
nobody around me has septic, they are all hooked up to sewer. But from what he said the soil shows that there was water just sitting and it doesnt perc fast enough.

Met with DHEC yesterday and dug a bunch of test pits for them and we finally got approval for septic! While I had my buddies tractor I practiced on my ditch before DHEC arrived, accidentally dig it’s own grave.
5122D457-51D2-4910-ABBB-5AA4844238FE.jpeg
B69C42DE-2F89-40E2-9DD9-746111A27663.jpeg
D5E38326-BAB1-452D-B2B5-08783A809CC1.jpeg
F0A52895-05A4-4396-8A3F-EBEF8CB92509.jpeg

That's great news. Looks like you have some soggy soil over there.
Yeah, we got 2 inches of rain the weekend before I went out to go dig. the photo with the hole with water in it was down at the bottom of a valley to check the level of the clay layer throughout the property. The other hole photo shows the clay later a bit deeper. Where they permitted the drain field the clay layer is over 6' down, thats as far as I could dig to check.