#CedarHollowSC

We got a huge section of the knocked down trees this weekend and its drying out well. I also used a landscape rake behind the tractor on the upper area where the shop is going. I borrowed one for now, but if anyone knows of one for sale let me know.

Also, got some gravel delivered. The driver picked up the wrong load, I wanted ballast stone, but got Crusher Run, so they knocked a chunk off. I'm putting down ballast stone through the two areas that i have filled in the driveway. Then I will top it with Crusher Run.

DB85C2C3-F8C8-4146-B2BE-04E3E26C1F1B.jpeg
D5465B10-2B3C-4CBB-B521-54AFF889A8DE.jpeg
C5321D88-D25C-4928-9D37-E730AE3FD450.jpeg

Same thing happen to us every time the dozer guy was supposed to come clear the lot it would start raining finally after 2 months we got it cleared. Then it was bone dry for like 3 months but the week they started on our foundation it rained about every other day until it was dried in. I could have paved my drive way twice for the amount of money we have spent on gravel the past 2.5 years.

Same thing happen to us every time the dozer guy was supposed to come clear the lot it would start raining finally after 2 months we got it cleared. Then it was bone dry for like 3 months but the week they started on our foundation it rained about every other day until it was dried in. I could have paved my drive way twice for the amount of money we have spent on gravel the past 2.5 years.
yeah, i feel like i wasted all of the good non rainy days from the summer and fall last year, but I just wasn't ready yet back then.

The drive way in Camden is a good 6" deeper than the yard. Is that the common way to fill before you cover with crush n run?
I was doing what I have always done for job sites, everything i have ever seen always has them putting ballast stone or large stone down first, many times over a geotextile to spread the load, then top it with crusher run. The large stone gives a good base if its soft at all. I wanted to do it because i know there will be a lot of large truck traffic down it in the coming years.

I'd be interested to know if the grappel on the front can double as a root rake?
it can, I have used it like that for some larger roots to get them out of the ground, but the grapple I bought has fewer tines so they aren't close enough to really do much "raking"

if you were to go get a grapple from a few of the other companies like https://www.everythingattachments.com/55-Inch-Wicked-Root-Rake-Grapple-p/eta-55-wrrg.htm
1612381524011.png

it would probably work better.

mine only has 5 tines on the bottom.

1612381433798.png

The roots I have problems with are wisteria. They are about 2" across and just below the surface. Sometimes I can pull most of one out with a brush grubber but usually it starts to slip along the length. Something like that should pull them up and not cut them. Now I just need a tractor.

I think you covered the cheap ideas. Short of that, the only option I know of is landfill.
yeah, i'd just store them somewhere on the property before the landfill. Biggest issue is moving some of the larger ones. I gotta find a nice place to pile them up away from the house area.