The Silver Bullet

You gonna roll it this weekend?
sure as hell aint hopin so, dont got a cage yet.

but turns out it was definitely just torque twist when i floored it last night. passenger side squatted when my friend got in the car. we went in my backyard and i put it in 2 wheel drive on a hill and it didn't squat, rise, bounce, nothing. it was awesome! also tried to hang up the belly, its alottt harder now. The LSD in the rear definitely hooks, both tires spinning is pretty awesome. i'll post up some pics in a little. also took the jeep 35 mph offroad and its ridiculous how stable, controlled and smooth this thing is now! i can't wait to wheel this thing for real. Bumpus cove here i come! (hopefully) lol

but i will need to pull the sye off soon, because me and my retarded self put the speedo gear that goes on the shaft on backwards. so my speedo tells me how fast i go in reverse, but does nothing going forward. so that will be addressed at a later date, dont feel like jackin with it right now, i'd rather be wheelin.

is it just me or does this not make sense....:confused: Are you taking about the blue plastic gear that slides onto the main output shaft? I dont think you can install it wrong either way because of the spiral teeth, its the same either way you put it on.

is it just me or does this not make sense....:confused: Are you taking about the blue plastic gear that slides onto the main output shaft? I dont think you can install it wrong either way because of the spiral teeth, its the same either way you put it on.
we brought that up at the meeting monday, not sure what the problem is, but I dont think that blue gear has a direction.

got my arb compressor installed and hooked up today. i was at first having problems getting the front end to lock, but i think it was because i didn't let the air compressor fill all the way before i flipped the locker switch. sure is nice to be able to turn, flip a switch, and have full traction.

went to my property today, and boy i was impressed with how she did. it hooked up like never before. me and cole both crawled out the side of the creek bed, which is pretty near vertical with an insane break over angle. i had alot of fun and overall impressed with how it did. can't wait to put her in some actual rocks!

got my arb compressor installed and hooked up today. i was at first having problems getting the front end to lock, but i think it was because i didn't let the air compressor fill all the way before i flipped the locker switch. sure is nice to be able to turn, flip a switch, and have full traction.

went to my property today, and boy i was impressed with how she did. it hooked up like never before. me and cole both crawled out the side of the creek bed, which is pretty near vertical with an insane break over angle. i had alot of fun and overall impressed with how it did. can't wait to put her in some actual rocks!
Yeah it was fun out at your property, wish we has some pics lol

did a little work on the jeep today. i welded on a skid for the tranny skid bolts. just used some quarter inch, but the bolts still stick below the "skid" i just made for them. hopefully this will keep me from sheering off those bolts, wish i would of made a cross member for it :angry: i also painted the inside of the fender wells black and i think it made it look a good bit better!

A6322331-6C51-4FD0-B26E-A17AD4410797-5378-000002489414402F.jpg

E5CE11D0-FB3D-4B63-8AB0-6D3AF0E205D2-5378-0000024886F10BDB.jpg

as most of yall know i destroyed my g2 aluminum cover at windrock, this is a good example of why to not buy a cast aluminum diff cover...

8D47434B-D91C-4710-9350-B5387E121A1E-31582-000014CADC802263.jpg

so i got lucky, and by lucky i mean real lucky that advanced in oliver spring TN had a spare 8.8 diff cover for 17 bucks!! and the best part about it was it was chrome :flipoff2:

92C9BED2-31E0-49F0-A1F7-C80854D3F60D-31582-000014CAD64D4ECA.jpg

since the one i got from advanced was pretty small, i ordered a ruffstuff 8.8 cover, all bent 3/8 steel and welded, no cast, with a 1/2 inch mounting ring. This thing is pure beef, and the quality of the welds looks outstanding!!!

02C86E55-A638-472B-A8E4-EB99957D5819-42031-00001922AAE43261.jpg

D771264D-5C1D-40AF-8F16-090EC7B6FF59-42031-00001922B05C9560.jpg