#CedarHollowSC

Fun new developments every day, got our power pole in and we are pulling our permit today for that.

Had SCDOT come out to talk to us about the sight distance issue with our driveway, looks like we are going to have to shift the opening about 100 feet to the left and clear some more trees at the right of way line to get our paved apron..... Looks like we will have two entrances available now...

it cost us $6500 out the door to drill 165 feet. It was a set price for the first 100 feet i think and a different price after that. We also went with the larger 44 gallon bladder tank and bigger pump along with the large rock cover. PVC is pricey right now, so that added some to the cost.

So originally we were discussing building a 40x80 building with 14 foot eves for the shop. I was thinking about it, and a large portion of that area was just going to be storage for cars and campers like a garage. I'm not looking at the option of building a 20x40 garage just for storing vehicles and campers, and then after we build the house building a 40x60 shop next to it. I'd rather have my stored vehicles not be around where I'm working on everything else.

Has anyone ever dealt with a quonset hut metal building? I know Taylor has that style for his in greer, it looks like it would make for a cheap, long lasting storage option.

1634905136445.png

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
So originally we were discussing building a 40x80 building with 14 foot eves for the shop. I was thinking about it, and a large portion of that area was just going to be storage for cars and campers like a garage. I'm not looking at the option of building a 20x40 garage just for storing vehicles and campers, and then after we build the house building a 40x60 shop next to it. I'd rather have my stored vehicles not be around where I'm working on everything else.

Has anyone ever dealt with a quonset hut metal building? I know Taylor has that style for his in greer, it looks like it would make for a cheap, long lasting storage option.

View attachment 22209
I know 2 people who have that style as workshops, but I've never been in them or paid much attention.

I have noticed that the very appealing prices listed for those buildings do not include the ends, just the wall/roof panels.

I know 2 people who have that style as workshops, but I've never been in them or paid much attention.

I have noticed that the very appealing prices listed for those buildings do not include the ends, just the wall/roof panels.
I haven't compared prices on them yet, they just came up in my carport searches and they seem to have a better life span and easier to erect yourself.

Lenny in Hartsville has one. 30 x 30 IIRC. Arched walls like the old hangers. He built his own end walls. Worked as his shop for years. I'm not a fan of the fact it's not straight. I do like that I could put it up my self with hand tools.

Lenny in Hartsville has one. 30 x 30 IIRC. Arched walls like the old hangers. He built his own end walls. Worked as his shop for years. I'm not a fan of the fact it's not straight. I do like that I could put it up my self with hand tools.
yeah, i was looking at the style like in my pic above that have straight walls.

#INFLATIONSUCKS ....

We are reworking our house plans and hoping something gives later this year. We have been working on some trails around the property and I bought a bush hog to mow the grass...:ROFLMAO:

We have started construction on our new home! To say we are excited is an understatement. Its surely been a long hard road, but we are moving dirt!

So far they have dug the basement out and we have been battling the weather with the footings for two weeks now. But we are draining the footings and adding gravel and hoping to pour friday.

Basement Dug
1674750330242.png

1674750353681.png

Footers Dug
1674750434857.png

And Rain, Rain, Rain...
1674750541322.png

Passed our basement wall formwork inspection yesterday, they are hoping to pour the basement walls today if the rain holds out, otherwise who knows when it wont be raining...

pics below are from when they delivered the forms.

33BE9E2A-2D8D-43F2-8603-A8DD19E7392B.jpeg
9F0FFF66-7BC7-4C26-BECC-8C9DA87CD371.jpeg