#CedarHollowSC

everything is finally drying out, I was able to root rake everything and smooth it out, it actually looks fairly respectable now. I just have some leftover stumps that need to remove now. I think the guys doing the foundation and grading should be able to take care of them. Next on the list is mark out the location of the shop and house and do the soil test for DHEC to approve our septic tank.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Good luck with DHEC ... I think whoever they have doing perc tests is a moron. Several people lately have had to do stupid things to satisfy them.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the amount of rain we've had and how saturated the ground house been. Would that affect the tests? I know when we did ours it had been very dry.

Being a moron must be part of the Job title the one here in greenwood would not take any advice from the guy digging my soil sample pits (which has been doing septic tanks for like over 40 years). In the end my drain field is to close to the house in my opinion and not even close to where it actually perked.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Thanks to help from @porterrss I was able to get that behemoth of a camper into its spot. No pics as we got done in the dark. We are still working through our utilities permits and things currently.
So you're saying it'll be a little easier next time we bring ours out?

Assuming yours is 50 amp? You putting in a 30 amp too? :cool:

So you're saying it'll be a little easier next time we bring ours out?

Assuming yours is 50 amp? You putting in a 30 amp too? :cool:
yeah, after clearing for the conex, the camper was nothing. I just basically drove it down the driveway. Piece of cake. I'm not sure what box we will need, but we will have enough for a couple campers. I plan to wire up something temporary to weld a few things on the conex.

put out the signs for the DHEC inspection for Wastewater system yesterday. They should be calling me soon to see when they can come out and inspect.

Dang didnt know you were hunting a camper. Dads selling his 40 footer for a deal. Good park it and crash in it camper. Cold weather package and all that jazz.

So updates on the homestead build:

4-6 weeks out on Septic Inspection
Need to have septic hooked to camper to get the Temporary Power Pole permit
Need Temp Power pole permit to hook up power
If we don't live there full time, I need to have a licensed electrician pull the power pole permit, I can't do it myself.