WolfGT 02 TJ

Since I happen to have both rear OME springs pulled out from under my Jeep, here is what I found. Both of my springs are labeled 0942. I don't know what the X on your one spring means, if anything. I have the B spring on the driver's side and A on the passenger's. It sat fairly level.

PS - FWIW I think my springs are older than yours

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Was it taller on the taller coil side before?
Yes. "A" was on the passenger side and it is the taller one. The passenger side was at least an inch and a half higher than the driver. I guess I will just put it back and use the front adjustment. I think I have some small spacers laying around. If I can find them, I may put one on the driver side to help.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Make sure you get your monster exhaust to clear the rear track bar...my is bumping and grinding with each other.
It is really close to the track bar, but the rear is completely dropped down with the shocks disconnected. It should have about an inch clearance once everything is back together but we'll see. I'm considering cutting about a half inch off the tube that inserts into the muffler to move the tailpipe section forward a bit but I'm nervous about causing more problems than I fix. If there isn't an issue, I'll leave it alone.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It is really close to the track bar, but the rear is completely dropped down with the shocks disconnected. It should have about an inch clearance once everything is back together but we'll see. I'm considering cutting about a half inch off the tube that inserts into the muffler to move the tailpipe section forward a bit but I'm nervous about causing more problems than I fix. If there isn't an issue, I'll leave it alone.
I bought the tailpipe section of that kit and my exhaust guy had to mod it to make everything fit right...

Yes. "A" was on the passenger side and it is the taller one. The passenger side was at least an inch and a half higher than the driver. I guess I will just put it back and use the front adjustment. I think I have some small spacers laying around. If I can find them, I may put one on the driver side to help.
It may be that the shorter spring has a stiffer coil rate than the driver. I would see about swapping them to the other side if you have time. Seems you shouldnt have to overcompensate with the front.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I decided to swap them around. I put the taller one on the driver side which is the opposite of the instructions Larry posted. But it sits level now. Well, for now. I have driven it a couple times and it is still sitting pretty good. The exhaust fits good. No rubbing so far. Sounds good. The only projects I currently have left is the fuel system heat shielding and clean it up.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Interesting, that looks to be a fairly complete kit!
I'm pretty sure the combination of this and the vented hood, my spit and sputter issue on start when the engine is hot should go away. Honestly either of these two solution alone would probably fix the issue, but overkill is my method of choice.

I'm pretty sure the combination of this and the vented hood, my spit and sputter issue on start when the engine is hot should go away. Honestly either of these two solution alone would probably fix the issue, but overkill is my method of choice.
A 5.3 LS will also fix that problem ....

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Replace with a V8 .... That fixes one minor problem and introduces a buttload of big problems (like needing new axles). No v8 in this anytime soon. I would probably supercharge (or turbo) the 4.0 before I went through all that.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Replace with a V8 .... That fixes one minor problem and introduces a buttload of big problems (like needing new axles). No v8 in this anytime soon. I would probably supercharge (or turbo) the 4.0 before I went through all that.
Nah, with your axles I wouldn't think twice. I'm going to see how long a hp30 will last. Also, forced induction will only add to your heat issues.

But, you'll probably see an improvement with that insulation kit. Mine already had the insulation between the exhaust and intake. I wrapped the rail and injectors in DEI reflective tape (basically did as much as possible without pulling the rail) and it helped.

Have you already vented the hood? I would do the insulation first and see if you need it. Also, I have a genright louver set sitting on the bench I'm not going to use.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Last edited: