What did you do to your rig Today? V2.0

Starting my prep for Uwharrie. A lot of maintenance stuff like engine mount, tranny mount, Break pads. Did throw in a Spartan locker. Now i have to stop driving around my yard, the grass is getting ate up :( . Good thing with the maintenance, i found a failing ujoint in the front axle, so i need to knock that out now.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Over the past week I've been doing some simple maintenance on the family truckster (2005 Yukon XL).

Last weekend I replaced the glass and lift gate struts. The gate struts are really strong btw... took a ratchet strap to compress them and snap them in.

One thing that drives me crazy in the 99-06 GMs is the popeye daytime running lights. A couple years ago one of them went out. I pulled it apart and found the socket to be brittle and the bulb basically welded into the socket. I ordered replacement sockets, but when I put it back together "temporarily" they worked so I never changed them. This morning I noticed it was out again.

These DRLs run all the time, get hot, and the sockets can't take it. You can buy the sockets with pigtails (and the tail lights and a other sockets are the same).

20191127_143856.jpg
20191127_144952.jpg
20191127_143636.jpg

GM hit the pinnacle of design with the ease of headlight removal in this generation trucks, then they went down hill bigtime...

I drove it to Lexington this morning and noticed the oil pressure gauge was pegged at 80 psi. No idea how long it's been like this. I got where we were going and shut it off, switch back on and 80 psi without the engine running. Sensor is shorted to ground...

I've had too much practice swapping these sensors. The G8 twice, DJs truck a time or two, and most recently the jeep. Its not a hard job just hard to get to, and tears your arm up. I put the sensor I took out of the Buick 5.3 in it and all is good.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Finished mounting my “new” tires, did a bolt check on my steering because it was beginning to wander (found the culprit), adjusted my steering limit to keep from loosing the tread lugs on the inside of the driver tire like in the past. Todo list: fix the pimp lean, install exhaust, install heat shielding for the fuel system.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
is the pimp lean a Coilover setting? or do you need a spacer for one of the rear coils? Whats causing the lean?
I’m not sure. After I put the rear springs on, it showed up. I adjusted the front coils a little to compensate and it helped but as everything settled, it has gotten worse. Very noticeable now. So bad that the front left front is setting on the air bump.

I’m not sure. After I put the rear springs on, it showed up. I adjusted the front coils a little to compensate and it helped but as everything settled, it has gotten worse. Very noticeable now. So bad that the front left front is setting on the air bump.
I can't recall which springs you installed, but my OME coils were labeled Driver/Passenger to account for the torque twist of a Jeep. Is it possible you have them backwards?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I can't recall which springs you installed, but my OME coils were labeled Driver/Passenger to account for the torque twist of a Jeep. Is it possible you have them backwards?
I know I didn't put them in by any type of driver/passenger labeling, maybe I missed it. I will get under there tonight and check. I can't even remember what brand they are, I know I had to try a couple different ones. The first ones didn't work out because of the extra weight in the back (armor and toolbox). I ended up getting an HD version of something, just can't remember what.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, I figured that while I have the rear springs out, it will be a good time to put the new exhaust in. Check out the manual that was with it. I think somebody messed up.
1F0C04DF-B987-4AE9-8E86-0C6AD0F1FB22.jpeg

So..fixing my ac has turned into: all new ac components and lines, new radiator, new fan, fan clutch, belts, hoses, heater core, pulleys, tensioner assembly, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, power steering pump, power steering lines, and a power steering cooler. Oh and exhaust manifold bolts and gaskets. Been a good opportunity to clean up wiring, fix broken/missing bolts, re-insulate the blower motor box, and tidy up/refresh anything else I see. Boy that escalated quickly...i mean, it really got out of hand fast

explorer apart.jpg

So..fixing my ac has turned into: all new ac components and lines, new radiator, new fan, fan clutch, belts, hoses, heater core, pulleys, tensioner assembly, water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, power steering pump, power steering lines, and a power steering cooler. Oh and exhaust manifold bolts and gaskets. Been a good opportunity to clean up wiring, fix broken/missing bolts, re-insulate the blower motor box, and tidy up/refresh anything else I see. Boy that escalated quickly...i mean, it really got out of hand fast

View attachment 19998
story of my life... good work jimbo!