Snowbird, Nov 5th and 6th, 2011

Just added 2 more people. I'm also going to cap the ride at 25 people. At our current # of people we will have to break into two groups. Any more than 25 and we are looking at three groups and that starts to get tricky with having enough leaders.

In for Crawfords BBQ dinner on Saturday.

Dumb (yet important question): Do I need to call and make my own campsite reservations? If so, do I say I am with Steve or Southeast Overland or ?

In for Crawfords BBQ dinner on Saturday.

Dumb (yet important question): Do I need to call and make my own campsite reservations? If so, do I say I am with Steve or Southeast Overland or ?
Sounds good on the BBQ.

If you want a cabin, bunk house or RV spot with hook up then you need to call and make reservations. If you just want to primitive camp then you do not need reservations. I'll talk with the campground owner Danny and get us all one chunk of primitive camping together.

im in for bbq. Also max id be down for a cabin as well. We used to stay in the house at crawfords and it was real nice. That would be a cool option if we could get enough ppl.

Here are the normal rates

30 amp sites with water & electric: $20.00 (Tent or RV)
Primitive sites: $12.00 per Tent

they also have the 4 person bunk houses:

4 Person Bunk Cabins (Heated and Air conditioning):
$30 per night first person $5 each additional person(4 per. Max. capacity)

he mentions on the website that he discounts for groups, so see what you can work up

Last edited:
I plan on coming up on Thursday after work and camping. Haven't decided on my Friday activities though. Was going to go bomb around up in that area, see what else is available but this "rock trail" is intruging. Guess I'll need to pull the TSLs out of storage!

I plan on coming up on Thursday after work and camping. Haven't decided on my Friday activities though. Was going to go bomb around up in that area, see what else is available but this "rock trail" is intruging. Guess I'll need to pull the TSLs out of storage!
Sounds good and let me know when you decide on what you are doing Friday. Right now it's just me and another member riding with me on Friday and possibly another FJ Cruiser coming.

As to tires, if it is dry ATs will be fine. If it gets wet it gets a little slick. This place is not a mud bog and has very very little mud, but the loamy soil on some of the trails is very similar to what you used to see out at Tellico. It might not look slick, but....

Also when I spoke with him I asked him about the BBQ. its catered from a local bbq place. So we could go into town and get some bbq if we dont get enough people.