Project: Unknown

If I was to run yotas, it wouldn't be mini truck axles as they are to narrow for my liking. 80 axles would be nice and way more beef then I could throw at them, I dont know much about 60 series.

Reason I'd run psd 44 in front is I would pretty much just swap everything I had from the one I have, gears, locker, knuckles on out to it and come out cheaper. I'm not opposed to ditch the 44/8.8 all together tho if I was to find a good enough deal on a better axle combo of my liking, as long as it was 6 lug.

Yager from pirate and nc4x4, struck my interest up about the toy hybrid trans in a jeep and has the g54 for sale. Talking with him some I just felt it would be a nice set up. He ditched the ax5 hybrid in order to go with a ax15/r150 hybrid which would be a lot stronger but more expensive. He's running that behind an ecotec with Trd taco rear/Elocker ruff stuff front.

I won't be wheeling it anytime soon as I've come to realize, my next few months are going to be busy and instead of getting burnt out with it I'll piddle and change my mind a lot.

And yes I may would use some Toyota parts, but it would never be called a tj40. Ghey.

I will double check, but i don't think it would end up being to long, I could always move the motor forward a few inches if need be. The rear axle is being pushed back anyways.

Steve. I also have a Dana 44 Hybrid setup that takes a Yota chunk. Has Yukon chromoly's but I think it needs a new outter. If nothin else I may have you a deal on Chromo's....

That is a damn good deal, but I'm not really trying to go tons. Max tire id run is a 37 and I wouldn't won't the extra weight of 60s and the extra hassle of everything that comes with them. Feel like when people go tons they sometimes regret how much extra hassle they are and non readable anymore.

Only other combo I'd really consider is 80 or 60 series yotas or atleast just the front. Also maybe a ford 9 front but then we start dropping more $ then I'd like.

What's the wms on 80 and 60 series axles?

A 60 is 3" wider than a mini truck. With my 62 axles I had 1.5 wheel spacers and Mini truck hubs with IFS hub bodies. I am not sure what the WMS to WMS was but comparative to Jay's tons I was about 4-5" narrower to the tires I think. I will look up the exact numbers sometime for you. Not sure on the width of a 80 series axle.

Toyota Mini Truck Front Axle Identification
79-80 no gusset
81-83 short gusset (to u-bolts)
84-85 long gusset (past u-bolts)

Stock Toyota front axle measurements for comparison:
55.5" wide, 29" spring perch centers, '79-85 Toyota trucks and 4runners, SA Hubs
58.25" wide, 29" spring perch centers, '79-85 Toyota trucks and 4runners, IFS Hubs
63.5" wide, (set up for coil springs) 90-97 FJ80 and FZJ80 Landcruisers
'86-95 IFS front end is about 58.5" wide
'93-98 T100 IFS front end is about 65" wide

Toyota Rear Axle Widths:
55" wide, '79-85 4wd trucks/4runners - 6 Lug
58" wide, '86-95 4wd trucks/4runners - 6 Lug
56" wide, '79-95 2wd Trucks - 5 Lug
60.75" wide, '95.5-up Tacomas/4runners
66.75" wide, '93-98 T100 trucks

Looks like I should have been about 62.5" WMS to WMS on the 4runner. Which would be 1" narrower than a 80 series. It was very stable at that also. Amazing

What ring gear is in the 60? I was thinking the 80 was 9.5?

A 60/80 front would be sweet and prob keep the 8.8 for time being unless I found a deal on rear too. I like the 8.8 and don't feel like I could bust it but the 44 has its weaknesses that makes me not like it as much. I could probably sale the 44/8.8 combo fairly easily I'd think.

i know you already got your rokmens BL, but i really don't think that is going to be enough... yeah you can get a tummy tuck, but who wants to waste money on a tummy tuck whenever they can go flat for a little bit more?? you really are going to need about a 1.25 inch body lift to do that. and you can order genrights mounting tabs, only 100 bucks, to give you that little extra bit of body lift and more ground clearance.

also have you decided on a fuel cell yet?

Edit: link to genright body mounts http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=BMT2001

I wouldn't buy a tummy tuck when I could build one for nothing, I'm just contemplating what direction I'm going first before I do that. I know plenty of Rigs that run no bl with a relatively flat belly, Marcus, 01tj on here is one. I'll prob do something like what genright makes like I commented earlier but I'd probably build it myself as its a simple design, but 100 isn't that bad for it I guess.

No plans for the cell yet, if $ wasn't an option I'd run genrights alien tank to keep it under the rig, but probably just run rci's tank and recess it.

I will have a flat belly, it won't be that hard to pull off. I'd like to skin it with the cutting board plastic if I can find it for cheap enough. I havent begun anything with it yet as I'm still debating the doubler idea and the front axle. I know that a flat belly is nice but it isn't the biggest concern of mine.