Oscar3 coverage

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I didn't take a lot of pictures. Here is what I got.

For anyone interested to know how well/badly a 2013 Ford F150 with a 5.0 does towing from Greenville, SC to Evarts, KY, here is the trip information.

20140410_170348000_iOS_zps38b6b34f.jpg

I think it did pretty well. I was really impressed with how well it handled the hills and how stable it was.

Here is a pic of the rig loaded ready to head back.

20140413_135059815_iOS_zpsb6e11e34.jpg

A couple pics of the TJ at the top next to Mason Jar.

20140410_203127111_iOS_zps77a9075e.jpg

20140410_203147242_iOS_zps2ce80d40.jpg

Then some pics from the helo pad up above White Tail.

A panarama

20140410_225144095_iOS_zpsfc029f34.jpg

A couple group shots with the nice view.

20140410_225116127_iOS_zpsb202e5bd.jpg

20140410_224946406_iOS_zpsf5edfa19.jpg

and a shot of the valley

20140410_225014965_iOS_zps24fa891d.jpg

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did Greg scrape off any of that fresh paint?
Yep, I donated quite a bit of paint to the rocks. But I expected the sliders to loose some paint. I just got done rinsing off most of the mud and got my first look at the damage. Nothing got touched except the sliders and belly skid. The sliders lost more paint then I thought they would on the first trip. There are spots of bare metal 1" by 10" that are already rusting. Good news is that there is no real damage to the armor. It all stood strong. No dents. Even the belly skid just lost a little paint and has a few scars, but no dents.

My damage report for the weekend is:

2 shredded mile marker hubs (pieces of crap)
1 Warn standard hub lost the dial (but stayed locked)
1 very bent HD tie rod still drivable, just lost quite a bit of steering to driver side)

That's it, besides the lost paint and scraping up the beadlock rings. I have a set of Warn premiums that I'm going to put on once the jeep is clean. Maybe that will end my hub breaking career. I'll be happy about that as long as I don't start breaking more expensive items.

I'm really pleased with how the jeep did. Thanks go out to Cole and the crew at Clemson 4 Wheel for their hard work.

Glad to hear you liked it Greg. I always said I thought those hubs looked cool but I never saw anyone else run them so I thought there had to be a reason why.

Brooks don't you run fuses in your hubs? Could look Into that as a cheaper easier fix/replacement

Glad to hear you liked it Greg. I always said I thought those hubs looked cool but I never saw anyone else run them so I thought there had to be a reason why.

Brooks don't you run fuses in your hubs? Could look Into that as a cheaper easier fix/replacement

Yep I broke my first hub fuse on Friday pulling onto the first rock on mason jar.

Oscar was a dirty bia. About got the blewj back right. Still have to fix front caliper and take everything back off so it an be repainted. Damn that sucks.

Oscar was a dirty bia. About got the blewj back right. Still have to fix front caliper and take everything back off so it an be repainted. Damn that sucks.

Dam, drove mine to work yesterday and today and was on baby duty when I got home, I was able to hose mine off but that's it so far.

I'm still not done. But it's getting there. Nick bought up all the wax and semi gloss paint at the local spots. I'll have to get some from Laurens when I go see the folks on Easter. Surely he didn't hit them up too.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I backed mine into the corner of the garage and haven't thought about it since.... I guess I should pull it out and pressure wash it this weekend, except my washer quit working on the pre-trip wash.

I'm still not done. But it's getting there. Nick bought up all the wax and semi gloss paint at the local spots. I'll have to get some from Laurens when I go see the folks on Easter. Surely he didn't hit them up too.
Haha! I took Monday off work and spent 4 hours cleaning inside and out. Its amazing the difference a pressure warsher makes on the tires because a standard hose pipe just does not cut it. My tires wont come clean. I'm going to have to hit up a pressure warsher soon. That mud is just so corrosive and now that I saw that rust puddle on the way to the Loco Barn, I can guess why. Its nice to be able to just hose out the inside.

Hey Ian from Extreme, here's a tidbit for ya, "WD-40 does not make clean up easier if you spray it all over your undercarriage!" It makes it like superglue. Everything must be scrubbed you Jack Rabbit SOB. Maybe if you want the nuggets to fall right off and dont give a rats tail about the semi permanent brown leftover sheen. I'm not making that mistake again. Check yourself Ian. That reminds me, I think it was a new episode during Oscar. Squirell!!!