Southeast Samurai- needs a name

I remember those days. Now I want my fronts to match the back and that's still too dark at night.
I am just getting 25% all around (not the windshield), nothing to extreme. I want to make sure I can see when towing at night. I need to get it done at some point, the previous owner must of taken it somewhere crappy or did it themselves. There are all kinds of wrinkles in the back side windows and my passenger front has a bunch of ripples in it, at night its almost impossible to see because it blurs everything.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I remember those days. Now I want my fronts to match the back and that's still too dark at night.
Yep, white truck was 20% all around and had to roll the windows down maneuvering a trailer at night. I do 27% on everything now, except windshield.

I have JC Whitney Garage Pro brand seats. At the time they were less than $200 for the pair and I figured I'd just replace them every year or two. I've had them for 5 years now, but the Sami lives in a garage so no sun damage. There is some wear and a hole on the bolster where the steel frame was welded and not smoothed. I also pulled the covers up and put pipe insulation on the frame at the bolster a couple years ago.

Going to get the tint done on the truck tomorrow or Friday. Waiting on tint solutions here in Easley to call me back. Getting the old tint stripped off and new 25% put on. I'm not quite there with #oldmanproblems but just turned 25 on Monday so its all downhill from here. Now that I can rent a car and my insurance is a little cheaper I have nothing else to look forward too...

Going to get the tint done on the truck tomorrow or Friday. Waiting on tint solutions here in Easley to call me back. Getting the old tint stripped off and new 25% put on. I'm not quite there with #oldmanproblems but just turned 25 on Monday so its all downhill from here. Now that I can rent a car and my insurance is a little cheaper I have nothing else to look forward too...
Get it darker or go home :flipoff2: The windshield tint honestly makes it easier to see out side mirrors at night

I could see that. Most of my issue with seeing at night is when it's raining and lights are coming at me. Damn getting old sucks.
Na it isn't as bad as you'd think. The strips that come halfway down the windshield are retarded though and a surefire way to get you pulled over.

Na it isn't as bad as you'd think. The strips that come halfway down the windshield are retarded though and a surefire way to get you pulled over.
I should change the title of the thread to Southeast Samurai and truck tint talk.

Dropped it off this morning. They dont do 25%, just 27% and I looked at a truck there with it and it looked way to light. Sat in another truck 18% and really liked it so went with that. It is really gloomy and dark out here in Easley today and I could see just fine out the back. It might be an issue at night, but we will see. I just really wasn't satisfied with how much you could see through the 27%. Will have a picture up later this evening.

#Oldmanproblems

These days I feel like I don't have depth perception worth a crap at night.
You guys aren't old.........I'm old!! There's a quote that I coined some years back that I simply like to refer to as "Gettin' your priorities in order." It's just like this daily driver Grand that I picked up a few months ago. The AC needed a charge and the lift shocks were shot on the rear hatch and hood, but the first thing I did was 5% all the way around............I can't see S#!% at night, but it sure improved the looks of it!!:smokin:
[/URL][/IMG]

You know we all think that after you get your license, turn 21 and buy alcohol legally, and get the cheaper insurance at 25 that we really don't have anything else to look forward to.......but that's just nonsense. Y'all are forgetting about the Senior Citizens Discount!!

You know we all think that after you get your license, turn 21 and buy alcohol legally, and get the cheaper insurance at 25 that we really don't have anything else to look forward to.......but that's just nonsense. Y'all are forgetting about the Senior Citizens Discount!!
@ 25 my insurance dropped $0.25 .... BS...

Alright got a little done to it. Stripped out the old seats and removed the fuel tank. Got a 12 gallon cell to throw in the back and fittings on the way from Summit. Also got a set of Corbeau Baja JPs on the way. I was torn between Mastercraft Nomads and the Corbeaus but pulled the trigger on the Corbeaus. I need to get the seats mounted up and the cell in and can get back on the trail and not be completely uncomfortable. I do have plans for a completely new cage one day, so I am going to try to make the seat mounts relatively easy to change. The way the previous owner had the stock seats mounted was a PITA to remove.

After this the next two things I have to tackle are a traction bar for the rear axle and get started on a 1.6 swap. Anyone please let me know if you see a cheap wrecked Geo tracker, suzuki sidekick or x90.

Last edited:
Don't worry about getting to fancy with the seat mounts. you will end up getting rid of them and hooking it all to the new cage down the road. Also you will want to rework your vent line. That is going to dump fuel everywhere when you climb. A lot of people wrap it all the way around the cell. Mine actually follows the B piller up to the harness bar and across.

What is the plan for harnesses? I just changed mine out to a pull-up style harness and it works a lot better. On the lap belts you actually pull up to tighten them instead of trying to pull down into the seat.

Don't worry about getting to fancy with the seat mounts. you will end up getting rid of them and hooking it all to the new cage down the road. Also you will want to rework your vent line. That is going to dump fuel everywhere when you climb. A lot of people wrap it all the way around the cell. Mine actually follows the B piller up to the harness bar and across.

What is the plan for harnesses? I just changed mine out to a pull-up style harness and it works a lot better. On the lap belts you actually pull up to tighten them instead of trying to pull down into the seat.
As of right now I just planned on running lap belts until I put a harness bar in between the B pillars. I haven't ordered belts yet, so will look at that pull up style. With the way the carb runs, I won't get into to many off camber situations so I feel ok waiting for shoulder belts for a little bit. Good point on running that vent line, the tubing on it is like a rock from sitting in the sun so it will need to be replaced anyway.

I ran a cell just like that. After years of shady set ups. As far as venting I think I remember a fitting with something like a rollover valve. I remember reading so so reviews on it but I flopped once and ran vertical trails and it never leaked. I tried to do that fuel system as good as possible. Walbro pickups plumber inside with as little rubber line as possible. Even bought the $6 a foot stuff that was suppose to be the best for in tank pickups. Ethanol still broke it down. I would do my homework and do it right once. Running out of fuel off camber and in a jam sucks.