Snowbird - November 5th 2011

in the early 90s you could drive a CJ on 31s up lower 2 just like all of Tellico. There is a ton of potential out at snowbird, but nothing really hardcore yet other than the "bowl" area where the rock ledges are that were in the pictures above.

I see. So watch and wait. I'll keep my one trip to Harlan a year right now and see where it goes! My first trip to Tellico was in '02. In '03 I ran lower 2 on 33's.

I see. So watch and wait. I'll keep my one trip to Harlan a year right now and see where it goes! My first trip to Tellico was in '02. In '03 I ran lower 2 on 33's.
I was hearing about Defender 90s on 33s making it up lower 2 in 2001 with no problem. Interesting how the terrain could change so quickly.

Riding on Friday, a problem the group ran into a few times was the trail started to get narrow. I didn't actually see this narrowness with my own eyes but I would assume it is due to vegitation?

I checked my GPS, at every "intersection" I put down a waypoint. Going back and looking, there were a fair number of intersections! I think there is still a lot more to be seen up there.

I was hearing about Defender 90s on 33s making it up lower 2 in 2001 with no problem. Interesting how the terrain could change so quickly.

Riding on Friday, a problem the group ran into a few times was the trail started to get narrow. I didn't actually see this narrowness with my own eyes but I would assume it is due to vegitation?

I checked my GPS, at every "intersection" I put down a waypoint. Going back and looking, there were a fair number of intersections! I think there is still a lot more to be seen up there.
The trail lower 2 trail could be run with smaller tires. I ran it in 2007 on 34x10.5s

lower2.jpg

I'd definitely like to check it out. Seems like it has a lot of potential. Me Marcus and dean were talking about tellico the other day and I hate I was never able to mak it up there.

You say it's 1000 a person that's able to bring 5 rigs, would a group be able to split that up or does it have to be individual?

Terrain can change quickly depending on the trail surface material, underlying geology, traffic, water run off, etc.

Narrowness was mostly due to tight trails getting hemmed in by rocks and soft downhill shoulders. We are working on getting these areas 'fixed.'

Yup - tons of old roads out there. We are working on getting more opened up.

You say it's 1000 a person that's able to bring 5 rigs, would a group be able to split that up or does it have to be individual?
Membership is $1,000 per individual with a cap of 50 individuals. My understanding is they have 40-something members currently. A group can not split a membership. The club is very strict about that. Membership is per person. If a member has guests on property they have to be with the guests or the guests have to have an official guest pass.

Ghost, yes they were all run through Photoshop. However it was all basic stuff like levels, temperature and sharpness. I did use cloning to get rid of the sensor spots, but that is it.

Most of those photos came from my point n' shoot camera. Been using that a lot to keep up on the basics. Also its nice because I can have it in my back pocket.

Spring photo was taken with my phone so that is why that looks like crap.

Ghost, yes they were all run through Photoshop. However it was all basic stuff like levels, temperature and sharpness. I did use cloning to get rid of the sensor spots, but that is it.

Most of those photos came from my point n' shoot camera. Been using that a lot to keep up on the basics. Also its nice because I can have it in my back pocket.

Spring photo was taken with my phone so that is why that looks like crap.
What camera?