My Junk

Looks like I need a 43/13 Ring/Pinion. RPP is out of stock and was hoping to get the parts so I could have it at windrock. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have something layin around?

Looks like I need a 43/13 Ring/Pinion. RPP is out of stock and was hoping to get the parts so I could have it at windrock. Any suggestions? Or does anyone have something layin around?
I have a spare stock one that I keep in the toolbox. From looking at those pics on my computer, it looks like you may just have a crapped out pinion bearing, the ring and pinion dont look that bad.

the 43/13 is on national backorder till late september, you could put in some 38/13s, and run the 14 pinion on the motor.

I'm actually running the 14 pinion on the motor now. I may try the 38/13 just to have somethin to play with. Will I need to change the front to? I read it to say you could mix match them?? The ring gear has spots missing in it and is very thin. Let me see if i can host the pic and make it clearer.

Finally got this thing back going. The new Ring and Pinion was a good bit different. The head on the pinion was a lot smaller but I changed where the bearing sat in the housing and it seemed to work fine. It's almost like it needs two now though?? Anyways...I beat on it some today and all seemed good.

Finally got this thing back going. The new Ring and Pinion was a good bit different. The head on the pinion was a lot smaller but I changed where the bearing sat in the housing and it seemed to work fine. It's almost like it needs two now though?? Anyways...I beat on it some today and all seemed good.
It should have two bearings on the pinion, there should be an inner and an outer pinion bearing.

Na dog. Buggy is good to go. Got a couple little small things I need to do to it. Put in drive shaft. Adjust where throttle cable comes thru firewall. Put new limit straps on front. Tear down. Powder coat. Reassemble. You know. Small stuff. Haha

Aite, I got something goin on with the new Ring and Pinion. Don't know if I did something wrong or what but it has a lot of play...

The old R&P the pinion was made different and sizeable larger head wise. It seems to have the same depth though just made differently. Also, the way the driveshaft hooks up is different. The old style had a groove for a set screw and the new one has a small allen head that runs all the way through it. It won't work this way.

Ideas??

Aite, I got something goin on with the new Ring and Pinion. Don't know if I did something wrong or what but it has a lot of play...

The old R&P the pinion was made different and sizeable larger head wise. It seems to have the same depth though just made differently. Also, the way the driveshaft hooks up is different. The old style had a groove for a set screw and the new one has a small allen head that runs all the way through it. It won't work this way.

Ideas??
newer axial stuff has through bolts on the driveshafts instead of the crappy set screws they used to use. You need some of these to work on your new pinion.
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/axa0175-axial-screw-shaft-m3x25x11mm-10-p-3518.html

Not sure about the mesh of the gears, I was under the impression they were a bolt in deal no need to really set them up.
This is a wraith build, but it talks about assembling the R&P in it. It may help.

http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/817500000

It came with that screw, it is just too small for the driveshaft thats on it currently. I'll post a pic of the difference in the pinions.