March 25-27 - MCJ @ Bumpus Cove

i had a ball, i could use lockers, and possibly air in my tires.... i had fun watching brian and all the luck he was having, sorry man. deffinitely needed all the required list stuff for this one... i would deffintely go back, good to hang out and get to know some of the people

Wow what a cool trip!!! Awesome meeting new people and wheeling a little different type of terrain for a change. Funny watching Brian brake every 10 minutes! LOL It's all good though, when you can fix it and keep wheeling, that's all that matters! Want to thank Brooks for doing such a great job organizing the trip and navigating us across the 3900 ft. elevation mountain top. And the food. I'll be looking forward to seeing some more pics of the wheeling we did. Can't wait for the next trip!

Linus: That was a Stone brewing company IPA. 8%(??) Got it at Greens.

Good thing we all came prepared. Having the new vehicle required items played a huge role in keeping us going. Great call on that one.

Oh, and me getting attacked by the bat inside the cave was epic!! :grin:

Last edited:
Guys...I had a great time..and Lori, amazingly, did have a good time,however, she did appreciate the steak and hot shower last night :). Hope you all made it back healthy and safe. Hope to do it again soon!

PS.... I have tons of video to sort through this week of JR in the rock garden, and a bunch of the guys in front of me from my dash cam...I will get it up ASAP...

Last edited:
Well I had a blast; even with all the problems I had lol.... I strongly recommend all the required list, plus possibly a hi lift and small jack, rtv and jb weld....Also lots of tools and spare parts

So it started out great. Having a blast first time driving the jeep a long distance, and talking trash the whole way even when we where stuck in traffic the truck drivers made it not so bad. Well I believe I used just about everything possible on this trip. Just got the 44s under and never tested them out so it was a test round to show me what I needed to improve. Well I want lockers again; Plate the truss, smaller rear shocks, and a few other odds and ends. So basically I started out:
I broke the caps on the drive shaft (had a spare end)
Pushed the truss through the oil pan (had to rtv it lol and throw my old oil back in after catching it in a cup)
Bent the truss
Then caught the jeep on fire
Broke the valve stem on my tire had to put the spare on
Over heated
Caught the jeep on fire again
Got stuck a few times (Had Gillis tow me out)
Then on the way out my jeep cut off and the battery died the alt was clogged with mud and I had a replacement with me so I swapped it out and made it home
Then after driving awhile had to rip off the dust shields thank god for ss brake lines or I would have no brakes
Holy crap what a list of **** to go wrong!

seeing the look on that bat's face when you brushed your hair into him and he stretched, yawned, and went back to sleep while you were running away down the mine shaft was hilarious hahahahh.. Good times for sure.

I had a blast guys, I hope everyone had a good time, there were some good times and some tough times, but it was all fun. Even though we had a ton of rain it was awesome. I have a few pics I'll throw up, I didnt really get a whole lot.

Attachments

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I had a blast. I wish I had more time open over that weekend, I would have loved to been there the whole time. You guys were great. Thank you so much for having me and my little jeep. You were very helpful and supportive. I was shocked at how well the jeep did in it's pretty much stock condition. I look forward to the next trip. Glad I didn't break anything.

i hate my jeep kept cutting out like it did, i think i would have had fun trying to get up that trench.. but thanks gillis for being a tow truck

and that fog was intense