March 25-27 - MCJ @ Bumpus Cove

i might have to go Saturday too... just found out our ac coil needs replaced and the contractor can do it Friday. he might be done soon enough that I can convoy up Friday but if not, will have to leave sat morn.

haha my bad guys been kinda busy. I would love to go but im pretty sure they are going to fire me if I call in sick after all this workmans comp stuff that is going on. If I could I would ! I will be on the next trip for sure!!!

thats true, with the possibility of rain it would be a good idea to have some dry wood on hand. I have some I can bring, but not enough for a whole night.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If it's not too late, I would like to come up on saturday. Who is heading up and when do we leave. Where do we meet to begin the trip?

Totally not fair!! Some old guy said the same thing about parking my little DD toyota on top of a pile of trash to keep the wind from blowing it away! What's with you people!? :p

Hahahahahahahahaha Hell the toyota may have gotten picked up with the trash they may not have been able to figure out it wasnt trash too
Totally not fair!! Some old guy said the same thing about parking my little DD toyota on top of a pile of trash to keep the wind from blowing it away! What's with you people!? :p

Yeah definately a little chilly up here and slightly overcast within a few miles of the trail. This should be an awesome wheeling weekend! I've already had to stop by a local machine shop in Erwin TN to do some tig welding. Ha ha!!

I enjoyed this trip immensely! Bumpus definitely has some great wheeling! Hanging out with you young bucks and talking trash was a lot of fun...helps to keep me feeling young and reminds me of the Army a bit.

Brooks: You are Camp Chef extraordinaire and a good spotter to boot! Thank you!
JR: Be careful using those Indian maneuvers to run down mountains! And thanks for the great beer ...definitely will be returning the favor! What was the name of it again?
Gillis: You will seemingly do anything on a dare with that huge Jeep of yours and you are a very good sport with the joking!
Sam: Hope you were able to keep the air in your tires for the rest of your trip! lol
Brian: Flip-flops are not proper mountain footwear.
Shane: Hoping that Laurie didn't dump you after bringing her on this trip!

Really enjoyed getting to know you guys better and I look forward to hearing about any adventures from the last night!

Well I had a blast; even with all the problems I had lol.... I strongly recommend all the required list, plus possibly a hi lift and small jack, rtv and jb weld....Also lots of tools and spare parts

So it started out great. Having a blast first time driving the jeep a long distance, and talking trash the whole way even when we where stuck in traffic the truck drivers made it not so bad. Well I believe I used just about everything possible on this trip. Just got the 44s under and never tested them out so it was a test round to show me what I needed to improve. Well I want lockers again; Plate the truss, smaller rear shocks, and a few other odds and ends. So basically I started out:
I broke the caps on the drive shaft (had a spare end)
Pushed the truss through the oil pan (had to rtv it lol and throw my old oil back in after catching it in a cup)
Bent the truss
Then caught the jeep on fire
Broke the valve stem on my tire had to put the spare on
Over heated
Caught the jeep on fire again
Got stuck a few times (Had Gillis tow me out)
Then on the way out my jeep cut off and the battery died the alt was clogged with mud and I had a replacement with me so I swapped it out and made it home
Then after driving awhile had to rip off the dust shields thank god for ss brake lines or I would have no brakes

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We had a blast, even though we were only there for the day. We left home at 4:45 Saturday morning, met up with Greg in Newberry and rode on to Erwin. We got to the camp around 10:00. We rode for the day then headed down the mountain around 6:00, got on the trailer at 7:00, and home around midnight (won't be doing that much in one day any time soon).

P3250493.jpg

Greg's stock TJ:
P3260502.jpg

The start of Brian's problems:
P3260503.jpg