Gulches July 4th

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Man, I must have missed you. I was still there at 4. I didn't roll out until right at 5. I had a blast and would have stayed the weekend if it wasn't for a fishing trip this morning that I already had planned (didn't catch a thing, should have stayed at gulches). GILLIS ROLLED IT?! How bad did he tear it up and what trail was he on that he shouldn't have been? I'm guessing nobody got hurt or you would have mentioned it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm horrible with names, so please don't get offended that I don't remember (sorry). Gillis makes number 2 damaged vehicles of the weekend. The other Jeep that was there (Black Cherokee, the name I don't remember) managed to hit reverse instead of 1st and eat a tree. Put a pretty good crease in the bumper and rear gate while taking out the rear window. Made the most gawd awful crunch. But then immediately afterward (i'm assuming out of anger), launched up the obstacle that he wasn't able to get up earlier. Nobody hurt. So it appears that all 3 Jeeps that were there sustained damage. I guess that means we were either all pushing pretty hard, or just sucked. Oh well, extremely fun!!

My challenge is trail 8. It was the one I couldn't make it up and I should have been able to. A combination of dry/dusty conditions, my crappy tires, no lift, some strategically placed wholes that fit me perfectly and the fact that I didn't disconnect my front sway bars made it impossible for me. So I have made it my goal to make it next time.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Oh, and I've got some videos of Bumpus that I meant to post before my life hit the skids. I'll get them up today or tomorrow.

Cool. Yeah Gillis rolled on the top of Heartbreaker right in front of the big rock garden we were playing on earlier.

Picture this: Night time, two rigs in operation (mine and his), We're crawling our way out of Heartbreaker approaching the rock garden. I'm driving my Jeep with Sam as a passenger and Gillis was about 20 feet in front of us. I see Gillis take a line that's kinda sketchy and really off-camber and I had flashbacks of seeing other people flop in the same spot. I looked over at Sam and said "watch this!" Half a second later it was a harmonious "Oh S**T!!!" :eeek: :grin:

Damage was pretty bad. I guess you could consider it totalled. Still drove it home though. And yeah, everyone was OK. Recovery wasn't as bad as I though. I was able to pull him back on all fours long enough for him to crank it. Good stuff. :smokin:

yeah, Donald Haddens old rig. I was riding shotgun with him in that rig when he barrel rolled it at River Rock.

Speaking of roll.... Here's Gillis' J/K.
261809_2241624162263_1297851678_32697598_5543543_n.jpg