Gulches July 4th

If anyone's bored... :smokin:

A few of us riding the 2nd and 3rd and camping Sauturday night. Not sure on the weather yet but I know it's going to be hot. :eeek:

So far it's Me, Gillis, Quinn, Sam(on Sunday), and a few passengers.

I may be calling a few folks from NC to come down. (hmmmm... warm up ride for the Gulches XJ invasion I'm planning) :grin:

I'll be there around 10 am Saturday. Will be leaving Sunday around 4 pm, or if funds allow, stay until Monday afternoon. Can't miss the duckie race!!!! J/K.

Change of plans (for me anyhow) Still have about half a day's worth of work to do on the XJ, and since Gulches is open until Monday I'll probably just ride up Sunday, or Saturday afternoon if progress allows. Camping is still a definate.

Will be up there saturday (I hate you Gillis).

Look for a big white JK on 40s, a big blue cherokee with no doors and some crazy guy that looks like a pirate driving, a red TJ with a skinny blond haired dork driving, and a few normal rigs..... Can't miss us!! We'll probably be doin something crazy.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What a great time! My first trip to Gulches. I had a blast. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I beat my little jeep up pretty good but didn't break anything. I even made it through the TNT Rock Garden. Probably shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it. I bent both of my step bars (obviously not made to be rock sliders, lol) and after I got home and took a look, I beat the hell out of my oil pan. So, I need a skid plate for the oil pan, real rock sliders, a new oil pan, a lift kit, larger tires with bead locks and I need to figure out what to do about the axles. I have a feeling that with those mods, the stock axles will be the weak point. Going to be posting videos and pics shortly. Thanks go out Gillis and the others for all the help and guidance. I look forward to the next trip.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Check out this monster. I just made it to the hill in time to catch this little bit of the climb. Later on in the day, I found out that this truck won a huge competition out in California last year. When he hits the gas, it just sounds angry! Awesome rig.

[video=youtube;AE00Ps_WJqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE00Ps_WJqM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
This one rolled onto it's side. Exciting stuff.

[video=youtube;H95YvR77TEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95YvR77TEA&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Here is that same big blue rig later in the day on a different hill.

[video=youtube;o0UwZgDUoDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0UwZgDUoDw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Gillis on the HeartBreaker trail. This is the top part of it where the big rocks are.

[video=youtube;iQXLmgwICVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXLmgwICVw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm not sure what to say. I just checked it from two other computers using different internet connections from different locations and I was able to pull them up without any issues. Can anyone else see them?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I didn't take many videos. But I figured I would post what I had. Never thought they would win some award or anything.

WolfGT- sorry I missed ya. I didn't get done with the Jeep until 2 pm Saturday and made it to Gulches at around 4pm.

Had an awesome time as always. Planned on staying until Monday but everyone left. :shaking: The fireworks Saturday night were pretty cool. Funniest part of the whole weekend is Gillis rolling his Jeep. Totally gangster. LOL!!! :grin:

I can't wait to see pics and videos of the weekend. Looks like I may need some new rubbers considering I have a thumb sized hole in the outer layer of one of them on top of tons of various rock rash. I'm REALLY kicking myself now for not doing a beadlocks conversion already. All 4 wheels have some pretty good dents and dings and both front Warn locking hubs are beat beyond recognition.
SU1HMDAyMDYtMjAxMTA3MDMtMTAzNC5qcGc.jpg