First time builder

When I first put big tires (bald mall terrains) on my jeep I ran rancho 4" coils in front (I believe that's what they were) and V8 ZJ springs in rear with a spacer, was ok but after a trip to gulches i hated how tall and unstable it was. Swapped front out for the V8 ZJ and moved spacer from back to front to level it out and it was great netting me about 2.5-3" probably over stock. It rode great and was stable enough I could haul *** through curvy roads without ever feeling tippy, even with no front stabilizer.

Look into some OME or rough country 2.5" springs and I bet you'd be a lot happier with it.

When my jeep was on about a 2 inch lift, and 1.25 inch body lift on short arms it drove plenty fine without sway bars in the front or rear. If it had sway bars i'm sure it would have handled like a stock jeep.

i really have no clue how high my jeep is now, but with a 'mid arms' and some extra wheelbase it handles absolutely great. I can drive all over windy roads and feel fine. I'd imagine if i had antirocks front and rear it would handle better than a stock jeep.

I've been thinking about the lowering thing. I have Adjustable coil spacers up front. I think they add 1.75" up to 3". So should I keep the spacers or just go all springs? I wish I knew what lift the springs I have are, I think there 4".

I searched high and low for a replacement line when I replaced my slave and master cylinder a few years back, but I dont remember ever finding one. Got a link? how much is it?
I thought I found one but it appears to be on back order every where. I don't even know if it was the rite one. Why is it so hard to find,it's just a plastic tube?

I thought I found one but it appears to be on back order every where. I don't even know if it was the rite one. Why is it so hard to find,it's just a plastic tube?
the only way I found to get one was to buy the whole slave, master, and hose together from the dealer...I agree its stupid, you would think you could get a brake line company to make one.

I wonder if you could have a fitting machined or something and use break line and a tube bender to make the line. My dad has the bender and the flange tool, I used it to make transmission cooling lines for an old car I had. I might try to come up with something.

nice build i like the jeep. fyi stock spring pads are very thin maybe 1/2-3/4 of an inch. they are larger diameter than the coil spring and fill up the upper coil bucket.

Last edited: