December 12-14 MCJ Christmas Trip!

I just checked in with the Big Creek people and we're good to go. They want us to be there at 9:30 so we can sign the releases and get on the trail at 10:00. So, leaving Camden exit at 7:00 AM SHARP!. If you miss us, go straight here:

Eldorado Outpost
4021 N Carolina 109
Troy, NC 27371

They said they have room for 2-3 trailers. Bill and DJ had asked me about trailer parking, so you should both be ok. Anyone else?
I will be pulling a trailer also.

Yall should just do like we did at RBD. Instead of hauling firewood there, we just bought a load from the guy down the road. 50 bucks got us a whole truck bed full, and lasted all weekend.
I dont know of any locals up there that sell it. Have any contacts for firewood up there? I know they sold it at the outpost, but it was high.

I think we should have enough if DJ brings some in his truck and a few people bring some. That way we wont have to worry about it once up there. I appreciate the idea though.

I just checked in with the Big Creek people and we're good to go. They want us to be there at 9:30 so we can sign the releases and get on the trail at 10:00. So, leaving Camden exit at 7:00 AM SHARP!. If you miss us, go straight here:

Eldorado Outpost
4021 N Carolina 109
Troy, NC 27371

They said they have room for 2-3 trailers. Bill and DJ had asked me about trailer parking, so you should both be ok. Anyone else?
I will be trailering rusty hope there's room

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I will be trailering rusty hope there's room
we already talked, but just so everyone else knows. If you're tagged and streetable, you can unload at the Outpost and drive to big creek. Its a few miles. The 2-3 trailer limit is at big creek and will be reserved for those that can't drive there.

I'm working on the schedule and meeting points for those who aren't coming until Saturday. Stay tuned.

Have you decided on tj or xj yet? Would you unload at the outpost or big creek?
If I bring the xj, I will definitely need to trailer to b
Big Creek. Road manners are abysmal. Looking at the long term forecast, it looks like Jeepzilla might be the choice...if I can take care of a few things this weekend!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
There are several people coming in Saturday morning, so here's the plan.

1)We'll be leaving the campsite (Red arrow, top left) at 8:45. Try to get to camp, fueled up, trail lunch packed, ready to go at 8:45. If you've paid, I will have your trail pass already.

2)If you miss us at camp, go directly to the Cotton Place / Daniel Parking area (Green arrow, middle right). We should be there by 9:00.

3)If for some reason you miss us there, you can meet us after we finish Daniel trail at the Dutch John parking area (Blue arrow, middle).

We'll be on CB channel 4. Cell signal is iffy, so call and text. The people I know of now are Jimbo, Jim Shealy and Richard. Let me know if there's anyone else and make sure you have a couple people's cell #s.

If you haven't been to Uwharrie before, Hwy 109 is where you'll be coming in (from the south if you go through Troy, most likely north if you follow GPS). The Eldorado Outpost (top right) is a good get your bearings point. 1154 (North of the Outpost) is the quicker way to camp, but if you're cutting it close 576 to 544 will have a better chance of running in to us on the way from camp to the trail.

Any questions, just ask.

Uwharrie.jpg

Last edited:

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
If I bring the xj, I will definitely need to trailer to b
Big Creek. Road manners are abysmal. Looking at the long term forecast, it looks like Jeepzilla might be the choice...if I can take care of a few things this weekend!
Yeah, you and Bill and the only ones I know of that CAN'T drive, so no problem for you two.