December 12-14 MCJ Christmas Trip!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
They have a contract with the military that they can take it at any time. First time we didn't know this and lost it. We rented another house and rode out to the lodge and it was empty... Second year the owner said the military had booked every other property they had but not the lodge and he was 99% sure it would be available, then he called me very close to the trip saying they got it too.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did y'all atleast get your deposit back to reserve it?
Our deal was cash in person, so there wasn't any deposit, but yes you would get it back. It just threw us into a panic to find another place on short notice. The first year we found that privately owned house, the second time nothing was available so we camped.

Clemson Offroad rented the 22 person cabin and like Mason said, some of the university is funding it to help out with the trip. If we have more beds available we will let you guys know.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hope it works out for you, but have a backup plan.

Let us know if anyone will be there Friday morning to join us at Big Creek. We'll have sone spots available but need to know ahead of time.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I just checked in with the Big Creek people and we're good to go. They want us to be there at 9:30 so we can sign the releases and get on the trail at 10:00. So, leaving Camden exit at 7:00 AM SHARP!. If you miss us, go straight here:

Eldorado Outpost
4021 N Carolina 109
Troy, NC 27371

They said they have room for 2-3 trailers. Bill and DJ had asked me about trailer parking, so you should both be ok. Anyone else?