Daily Driver car ideas

Wow, that's how much a loaded Eco costs? You can get a loaded GMC denali Duramax 2500 for 65K
They seem to be doing away with the 1/2 ton market and making them rival the cost of a 3/4 ton. I could never buy new anyways bc I'm poor but wait a couple years and let them depreciate like hell then scoop it same truck just no new car smell

Guy at work just bought a new crewmax tundra. I'd hate to know what he pays on it each month and he's 5yrs younger then I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I could never buy new anyways bc I'm poor but wait a couple years and let them depreciate like hell then scoop it same truck just no new car smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not entirely true any more. Sure you take an initial hit of depreciation, but a couple year old truck is still freakin expensive. When you consider better financing on new (GM was running 0% for 6 years last week), the longer use of warranty, etc, you're probably better off buying new than slightly used. Or, going well used and pay cash...

Last edited:
Thats how it is with my Jeep, especially with employee price. Im basically paying what my jeep will be worth in 2 years. And it comes with 2 years of maintenance and a 100k warranty.

Picked this up today. I really like it. Going to take it by my buddy's body shop tomorrow just to double check that there's no evidence of a previous accident (carfax is clean but there's a couple items that have me suspicious). I've got 5 days to return it if I find anything. I hope it's good because I do like it, but I don't want to pay never wrecked price for a car that has been.

Those wagons are great cars. The timing belt changes aren't as bad as some make it out to be if you do it yourself.

I keep looking for a clean f-body to fix up and drive. 18mpg in my truck hurts with the mileage I pull every month, plus the lady doesn't like the fact there's no airbags. My neighbor recently bought a 99 Firebird in great shape with the LS1/6MT and does an easy 29mpg driving to Lugoff and back daily.

Those wagons are great cars. The timing belt changes aren't as bad as some make it out to be if you do it yourself.

I keep looking for a clean f-body to fix up and drive. 18mpg in my truck hurts with the mileage I pull every month, plus the lady doesn't like the fact there's no airbags. My neighbor recently bought a 99 Firebird in great shape with the LS1/6MT and does an easy 29mpg driving to Lugoff and back daily.
I can't wait to get my first gen done and crank out hi 20 MPG's. Gonna be fun to actually enjoy the car now. Lots of car shows and cruise nights in the near future.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Looking back through this thread is kinda depressing and makes my wallet hurt, but for those that didn't see the thread in Around the Campfire...

20150902_174242_zpsayeekzgd.jpg

With all the issues with the car (it made 7 trips to the dealer and they finally said it needed a new trans), and with my truck having some issues of its on, I did what I was considering a year ago and went the 1500 DD route. On 9/2/2015, I turned the G8 and Duramax into a 2015 Sierra SLT Crew Cab Short bed, very well optioned, and warrantied.

Last edited: