CU OFFROAD Uwharrie September 9th-11th

Can't make this one guys. Truck is running like crap and I already signed up for Southern Appalachian Expedition for the week after at beasley knob.(The same one Steve is going to) Ya'll have fun and take a bunch of pics.

--Justin

Ok so we may have a slight problem. Beasley knob is closed due to the rain this weekend so we are discussing alternative locations. Couple options are gulches since its so close. Bumpus cove which is about 3 hours away or possibly hurricane creek. Any opinions?

Hurricane Creek is nothing like Beasley Knob. You can do most if not all of Hurricane Creek in 2WD if you are a good driver. I've never been to Bumpus. I might hit up Gulches and try for Beasley another weekend - maybe then I can go!

Beasley is closed because of too much rain.

New Plan- We are going to Uwharrie. Yeah, I know, we just went at the end of the year....... We'll mother nature F***ed us over on beasley, we have too many people going to camp at Pisgah and Hurricane creek is the same distance away as URE. URE has trails for everyone and it is always a good time. This just means we use up our URE card on the Schedule and at the end of the year (when we usually go to URE) we will go to someplace much better.

We are still leaving at 3.

Its time to do some wheelin

Last edited:
When we get the pictures uploaded ill start a thread in the trail reports, they are all still on Elise's camera. It was awesome, i conquered the rock that I flopped on last time like a champion. We started saturday by running rocky mountain loop and looping into dutch john and running the rest of that with all the vehicles. We had 3 new guys, Patrick, Kyle, and Jake and they all did great running those. We parked some of the stock jeeps and truck back at camp after a couple hours of wheeling and then ran Daniel and Kodak.