Cable Shifters for a TJ

Who has a cable shifter on their TJ/YJ/XJ? and would you suggest it? Whats the best bang for the buck out there. My linkage is just tired and needs a replacement. From what I have seen Savvy is a modified version of the Novak and addresses some of the problems that are inherent in the other brands.

Savvy

Novak

Advance Adapters

Last edited:
I run the savvy version in my Tj and couldn’t be happier with it. It operates smoothly throughout shifting. Works great with different skids/transmission heights.

I have installed all the above brands on Tj’s without issues. Great products either way you go

Think I'm going to order the Savvy one. @Fenrir what problems did you have?
@97TJGUZZY Don't do the Savvy that whole experience soured me to that entire brand. Go with the Novak. The ball piece that connects to the transmission linkage is garbage on the savvy. Broke immediately on the first pull. Couldn't get Savvy support to help at all. Got in touch with Novak as they looked very similar. Apparently Savvy ripped off their design and they actually sent me the replacement part I needed for FREE. Go with Novak.

Supposedly the Savvy kit includes a longer cable and a better bracket to bolt to the tub. Its also a little cheaper. There have been people with the same story about the novak ball piece.

@97TJGUZZY Don't do the Savvy that whole experience soured me to that entire brand. Go with the Novak. The ball piece that connects to the transmission linkage is garbage on the savvy. Broke immediately on the first pull. Couldn't get Savvy support to help at all. Got in touch with Novak as they looked very similar. Apparently Savvy ripped off their design and they actually sent me the replacement part I needed for FREE. Go with Novak.
did you buy your savvy directly from them? or on amazon?

Mine didn't have any slop and after I swapped the part in from Novak its been great. But it broke immediately after I got it installed just pulling up on the transfer case selector.

I took a chance on the savvy unit because I had the amazon rewards. I have read enough good reviews that I'm willing to chance it for free. I'll update with my results.