69 Camaro build. LS/SS

Just pulled it on the trailer. Currently no headlights and was dark when I got back. Plus, front end is massively out of align from the new front suspension so don't wanna mess up the tires.

Hope to drive it this weekend.

Drove it yesterday finally. Couldn't get too wild as I had two brake line leaks and a pad alignment problem up front. But, had to see what it would do... I have nothing good to compare it to, but I am very impressed is all I can say. 2nd gear was all I really got in it hard and it pulls extremely hard. Hooked seemingly OK. And no wheel hop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456791101.786783.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456791118.834624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456791139.887748.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456791150.970621.jpg
Been working on buttoning up a lot of the little stuff and getting it cleaned up. Have to re-do anti wrap bars and fix a rear end leak. Other than that it's pretty much done.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
What condition is the body in? Is it as good as it looks?

Just looked back at first page and saw the bondo mentioned. You going to play with it a while then circle back to body work?

Last edited:
Body is solid from quarters forward. Floors have no rust at all. Quarters need replaced. It is a great cruise in car and looks very good. If you know what you are looking at you could pick it to death though, as I do.

I plan to enjoy the car for no less than a year before I start thinking about the paint. It will take me that long to save the money to do it...

The engine bay looks clean as hell. You guys did an awesome job with it, it looks like it came that way from the factory. Hate seeing a beautiful car with butchered plumbing and wiring. The intake and valve covers look tits being sheetmetal.

How's the power feel? What you were anticipating?

I need some snapchat vids of her running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Steveo and Robbie. I am happy with the power. I am already used to it though. On initial test drive I was shocked by the power. When I went back to get it I was already used to it. Haha

Turbo could solve that problem :)
I want to keep it N/A. When I tear it down in a couple of years it will get a fresh bottom end with better parts to turn it up toward 7500-8000 RPM as well as having the heads and intake flowed. I may even go a little more aggressive on the cam shaft and use this one for the buggy. That's a long way down the road though. Right now I will just enjoy 443 HP to the tires :grin:

I did. Jeep Rod build escalated this weekend. That show was freaking awesome.

Goal now is to get the shop done, AC in this and interior finished then start on the Jeep Rod. Will still hope to paint this one next year.

Anyone wanna spot me a winning lotto ticket?? My head keeps my wallet empty.

I wish I would have gone up there. Friend of mine had a BBQ stand up there and said it was a good turn out.

There's a gathering once a month on Saturday night at Burlington coat factory behind hooters on Laurens rd. I rode by the other week and there was 250-300 cars easily. From hot rods to diesels to supras. My hot rod buddy at work said it was a good time, I plan on going there with him next time they do it.

What's the jeep rod you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk