WTB: Vintage Stereo Receiver/Turntable/System

Looking for a 70's or early 80's Stereo for the garage. Would like something fairly nice. Anyone got one in your parents basement your not going to use? I had one, my dad stole it back....shit.

Was hoping to surprise the wife for her Birthday (today) but have struck out on everything available the past two weeks. Working is such a chore and infringes on my real life so much....:flipoff2

Something along the lines of this. May be going to snag it tomorrow. Finally found someone who doesn't think they have gold nuggets stored inside that would respond to messages. The audiophile crowd is too burnt out....the 70's.

Receiver.jpg

I figured this would be up his alley.

You can't beat the sound of an old system. I am hoping to get something pretty nice for the garage/bar as well as eventually replacing what is in the big shop. Was a lot of time spent out there this year listening to the fuzzy Aiwa unit...

Taking a break from projects for the rest of the year but hope to be in the shop a lot come 1/1/21.

I have a guy in Lexington that has TONS of older gear, and while he doesn't give it away he is very reasonable and takes good care of his stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/alan.brosdahl

I Just picked up a pair of Boston Acoustics Bookshelf speakers for my office and dad has picked up several items from him, big JBL speakers, Nakamichi tape decks, etc...

I ended up connecting with a guy in Greer that does the same thing. Buy/sale/trade older gear.

I got a Realistic STA-84 receiver and some bangin Realistic floor speakers and a cheapo Technics turntable. Overall the sound is great and we are please with it. Will definitely upgrade the turn table later.

Long story short I had the same receiver as a kid that my dad passed down to me. When I left for college I left it... He is using it again in his shop so I couldn't bring myself to try to steal it back. It's a fairly entry level receiver but has big clean sound for the money. I'd say we about got our moneys worth out of it just this weekend. Going to be a very good investment.

Extremely old photo of my dads "analog listening setup" He has added several reel to reels , tape decks, different turntable and different/additional speakers since this was taken in 2016
IMG_20161031_181251714.jpg

I was using his preamp and turntable to do some digitizing and restoration of a local bands vinyl, none of them could play it anymore.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Extremely old photo of my dads "analog listening setup" He has added several reel to reels , tape decks, different turntable and different/additional speakers since this was taken in 2016
View attachment 20998

I was using his preamp and turntable to do some digitizing and restoration of a local bands vinyl, none of them could play it anymore.
Is that in your old bedroom?