RBD 2011 Nov. 25- 27

Second wheelin day, awesome time! We've ran every trail in sight and got the scars to proove it. Lol!!! Tomorrow is not going to be a fun drive home. Its paerty time!

Wow it was my 1st RBD but it was awesome. Buggies flying through the air up Los Primos..
We were in a really good spot to see all the action.
I snapped a lot of cool pics that i'll post asap.
I was to tour guide for Saturday since i've been there before. Got some good pics of the action as well.
Even though I rode along, I had a great time.
Yall missed out on some end of the year wheeling. There must have been 500 people there. Park was packed. Tons of buggies, tons of built rigs and a bunch of the those RZR's.

I will never own a rig that I depend on driving to and from the trail for that reason. Too many things that can go wrong. I plan on taking my new 4runner on some winter rides but it's on 31's and I kinda like how clean the body is so it will be very light duty trail riding. I wouldn't even drive my old 4runner to Gulches. Just too many things that can happen when the skinny pedal drops.

I've got a few pics I'll post up when my phone gets charged. Had an awesome time! Can't wait to go back! The drive up there was totally worth it, even though the transmission bell housing and starter had other plans on the way back LOL!! Thanks to Larry and his dad for driving out to Augusta to come pick me up. Only the 2nd time in 6 year of wheeling my rigs been on a trailer so I'm not sad about it.

nothing wrong with driving a properly built and maintained rig. Kudos to JR for keeping that thing together enough to drive 98 percent of the time. 2 times in 6 years is nothing to be ashamed of. I really have no interest in wheeling my 40 until its back in that position. Even if it isnt always driven to the trail, if you build it like it could, it will probably be more reliable once its there.

I would never own a rig that I didn't have the option to drive it on the road. With all the time and money spent I can't justify having something that doesn't have the option of being driven mon to fri when I'm not able to wheel. I also won't have something that's wheeled that has to get me to work Monday morning, my jeep had that duty and I got tired of catching rides when I would break and not have time to fix it. I will have a tow rig at some point in the future that will be able to pull me to wherever but I don't think it's a must have thing, most people who do drive to the trail, don't wheel like they don't have to drive home. I know accidents happen though.

Honestly, im not sure. I had a rear cv driveshaft go out on the way and had to swap on my windrock spare bananna. I think because of the super stiff motor and trans mounts not offering any give, the ongulating shaft vibrations just picked the weak link and went to work on it. I've never heard of it happening though. I thought that maybe while wheeling I slammed down on the trans somehow but haven't seen any evidence of that. Point being, I doubt ill ever run an AW4 again because of this. I just don't trust them anymore.

Damn JR that sucks... atleast you had the chance to drive back. I drove all the way there to break on the first trail. Luckily I caught a ride back on Joshs trailer and everythings alright and I'm glad my girlfriend does not mind waking up to take me to class and pick me up haha. Hopefully yours is not to bad of a fix. We have pictures and videos but the card in the camera we used is different then the slots for an SD card on our computers and we dont have a cable for it so in the process of trying to upload them. Had an awesome time for sure.

Damn JR that sucks... atleast you had the chance to drive back. I drove all the way there to break on the first trail. Luckily I caught a ride back on Joshs trailer and everythings alright and I'm glad my girlfriend does not mind waking up to take me to class and pick me up haha. Hopefully yours is not to bad of a fix. We have pictures and videos but the card in the camera we used is different then the slots for an SD card on our computers and we dont have a cable for it so in the process of trying to upload them. Had an awesome time for sure.
what did you break ronnie? I didnt think you got your jeep together in time.

what did you break ronnie? I didnt think you got your jeep together in time.
Nope I got it together the Wednesday night before thanksgiving. I ripped my steering box off, one of the ears on the bottom broke and then the 2 remaining bolts broke off. Luckily Chris had some tools in his trailer and they went back and got it and we managed to make it work to get back to camp.

Nope I got it together the Wednesday night before thanksgiving. I ripped my steering box off, one of the ears on the bottom broke and then the 2 remaining bolts broke off. Luckily Chris had some tools in his trailer and they went back and got it and we managed to make it work to get back to camp.
Dam, we need to start a new RBD recap thread with pics and a list of all the broken crap and VIDEOS!!!!

Here's a few pics I took. I'll start a recap tomorrow.

Marcus wheeling his awesome workin' TJ and Gillis rockin' the swag.
photobucket-24059-1322495275705.jpg

Quinn Frontz standing shotgun in Gillis's JK
photobucket-16617-1322495305237.jpg

Clemson offroad's Andrew Gilbert in the Toyota with Chris May spotting
photobucket-11317-1322495347176.jpg

Gillis on the left side of Los Primos
photobucket-12033-1322495378117.jpg

Marcus of Palmetto Krawlers
photobucket-10633-1322495245929.jpg

Coleworx buggy "Jenny Craig".
photobucket-24817-1322495203975.jpg

Gillis and Quinn sleeping until 10 am Saturday while me and Marcus are throwing peices of bacon in their tent trying to get someones big wet dog to jump in and cuddle with them.
photobucket-24101-1322495163918.jpg