OSCAR X April 29 - May 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gubni I think you have a better idea of the area thats down there at the end of the campground, i think you mentioned they did a rock race or something there years ago. Are there any areas for a challenge on the campground side of the park?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
@gubni I think you have a better idea of the area thats down there at the end of the campground, i think you mentioned they did a rock race or something there years ago. Are there any areas for a challenge on the campground side of the park?
There was a hill climb race up above the campground somewhere. Other than that or some kind of timed obstacle course, I can't think of anything better than lower rock garden.

The lower rock garden is doable for anyone. There are other spots, but it's the safest one. Personally I'd love to see the fastest time up creampuff, but I don't think anyone is willing to try. I will be in my Jeep this year and I won't be doing it. We have a hard enough time getting people to try the lower rock garden last year. Is anyone willing to compete? What time will we do it? Maybe Saturday at 10am?

BTW did I hear a rumor dinner is moved to Friday? We always do it on Saturday and hand out awards for stuff people do on Friday and Saturday.

The lower rock garden is doable for anyone. There are other spots, but it's the safest one. Personally I'd love to see the fastest time up creampuff, but I don't think anyone is willing to try. I will be in my Jeep this year and I won't be doing it. We have a hard enough time getting people to try the lower rock garden last year. Is anyone willing to compete? What time will we do it? Maybe Saturday at 10am?

BTW did I hear a rumor dinner is moved to Friday? We always do it on Saturday and hand out awards for stuff people do on Friday and Saturday.
We have had a hard time getting people to do it in the past. Maybe we need to up the ante, I'm good with Saturday at 10am, I think the morning is the best bet before people get out on the trails and all spread out. The problem is some people dont get up till after 10am saturday morning haha.

I think historically Wrong Way challenge was on Friday and the Lions Den challenge was on Saturday at 1:00PM.

Need to spread the word and get an idea of who would participate.

We have had a hard time getting people to do it in the past. Maybe we need to up the ante, I'm good with Saturday at 10am, I think the morning is the best bet before people get out on the trails and all spread out. The problem is some people dont get up till after 10am saturday morning haha.

I think historically Wrong Way challenge was on Friday and the Lions Den challenge was on Saturday at 1:00PM.

Need to spread the word and get an idea of who would participate.
Wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to do both challenges back to back. Especially since LRG has a fair amount of good/not too difficult trails in close proximity.

Status
Not open for further replies.