OSCAR 5 Black Mountain Offroad Park April 28-May 1, 2016

I can't thank you guys enough, I had such a great time and I think between the people, location, trails, and food most everyone had an awesome time. I'm already looking forward to next year!

I have to say that I had a great time. Thanks to Brooks and everyone else that worked so hard to put this on. I was a little worried about being on the Putney side. The last time I stayed over there I was not pleased. That is a long ride to any of the big obstacles. Since I was there to trail ride I didn't mind the ride. That is what I was there for. I am glad I brought extra gas though since the station decided not to open all weekend. For those of you in tents, my hat goes off to you. Saturday night it sounded like the roof of our cabin was going to cave in under all that rain.

Now for a couple weekends in the shop before the poker run! I can't wait to be back on the road with a rig. I love my trailer rigs but I am ready for a little more consistent enjoyment of a rig.

I was on the top bunk hoping a tree would not decide to fall right across our cabin. That was one of the hardest and longest rain storms I've ever heard. I checked wunderground.com to see what rain fall Putney had it said 1.35". I don't find that to be accurate.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We were in a tent. I didn't think it was that bad. But Jennifer didn't sleep much. She woke me up at 5:30 and we packed up and hit the road. We were fortunate that it was sunny and beautiful when we got back to Charlotte. I set up everything in the back yard and a couple hours later it was all dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We woke with a nice puddle in the backside of our tent. I was able to dry things out Sunday for the most part, then stuck them in the garage to finish. Of course they still are in there. Probably time to pack up the tent and stuff, lol I was so happy to get home, and get a warm shower and dry clothes. That shower I took Saturday was frigid.

We woke with a nice puddle in the backside of our tent. I was able to dry things out Sunday for the most part, then stuck them in the garage to finish. Of course they still are in there. Probably time to pack up the tent and stuff, lol I was so happy to get home, and get a warm shower and dry clothes. That shower I took Saturday was frigid.

I couldn't decide if the rain was that hard or if it was the tin roof making it sound that loud. I looked at the radar and it was red, said a little prayer we wouldn't be in a Nader and went back to bed. Definitely glad to have been in a cabin. Not sure if I'll do that side of the mountain next year though. Just such a long ride to the good stuff. Although it didn't bother me till I had a 30 min ride back in the pouring rain....

Sheila, in background is almost level and gives an interesting perspective to tilt attained by the red TJ wearing the new shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sheila, in background is almost level and gives an interesting perspective to tilt attained by the red TJ wearing the new shoes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Haha that's funny after hearing the commentary from your railbed video.

Thanks for all the hard work Brooks. That was deff more rain than id want in a tent. Thanks god for being in a cabin. If anyone has a prob with it being so far away from the good trails just take a trip back to circa 78 in a Cj5 with open diffs front and rear and bone stock. Its a whole new world. All the little rocks I used to never see we all suddenly there this trip. I love stayed at Putney, the road to the trails were a challenge and I didnt have to breath in poo poo all weekend.