Next ride???

I know we had talked of another Harlan trip in October. Is this still a go?

Several other folks from Greenwood are going to Gray Rock in October I think....anyone up for that instead?

I am a go for either, would probably rather go to Harlan unless I have a buggy of some sort by then cause I can see Gray Rock being bad news for the 4runner.

Also, anyone wanna get togather for a day at the Gulches or weekend even somewhere else?? There is a benefit ride at Durham town in GA next month I think. It prob isn't much but who knows? I would be down for about anything...just ready to ride again! Come awnnnn!

Id be good but depends on when. If anybody wants to drag my butt along. :)

I should be getting my bl this week and putting in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah thats what the Hanley's group is doin I think. Anyone is welcome to ride w/ us man. Just be prepared to watch us act like idiots and tear **** up.

I'm a hut slut. Can't get waffle fries across the mountain! Or Ed's moonshine... Actually prob. gonna get the house we had last trip. Was legit...

After this past weekend i think I'm done with camping behind the hut. Kinda burnt out on the sewage plant and the bath house has gone way down. A good chance I'll be at putiny. They just built a nice shower facility and I like camping.

After this past weekend i think I'm done with camping behind the hut. Kinda burnt out on the sewage plant and the bath house has gone way down. A good chance I'll be at putiny. They just built a nice shower facility and I like camping.
I havent been since last december, how has the bath house changed? is it just not maintained?

I havent been since last december, how has the bath house changed? is it just not maintained?
It's just nasty now, it needs to be pressure washed with bleach. I have all the tools to camp up on the trail head. It's $10 a night to use those primitive spots. So I'll either be at putiny or on the trail head. For me camping is hand and hand with wheeling and my Dutch oven skills get more refined each trip. I miss the old school tellico feel of camping on a creek bank out in the woods and I think the trail head at Harlan offers that for me.

It was pretty nasty, but it was better than none. And besides what happended to that dank peach cobbler and those dutch oven skills??? ha