My XJ's Big Boy Stage

Axle and steering ram came in the other day! there was a mix up and they didn't send a hardware kit so I'm still waiting on that. The new axle should hold up great. Not only does it have 35 spline shafts it also has a full spool so no more breaking welds. Hoping to have them both mounted next weekend then it will be time to get some lines made.

IMG_7783_zpsk9fxzcla.jpg

IMG_7784_zpswd1ke81s.jpg

old verse new:

Got the hyrdo ram mocked up today.. Need to get some internal stops to limit it a little and get the lines then it should be done. Also got the rear end back in but still need to plumb some brake lines and such. Bumper should be here in the next few weeks.. really just want to get it out of the garage, slowly but surely!

IMG_7830_zps6hrnl52c.jpg

Got the hydro finished up today. Seems to work good. Only thing that concerns me at the moment is having enough slack in the lines for flex, so we shall see. Glad to have it out of the garage. Now just waiting on the new bumper and she'll be ready for Harlan!

IMG_7869_zpsbg3tmdjs.jpg

Got a good bit done since I posted last. Had a ram stop made. Drew one up and dropped it off at a local shop to have it cut. Didn't go with my original design due to cost. Should have made it a little longer but it will have to do for now. Also got my new bumper in is past week. Got it finished up last night. So far I like it, just need to wire up the winch and we should be set. Also did a little side project yesterday I'm a little proud of. With my new bumper I couldn't use the Baja 1000s I was able to use on on my old bumper and the the bulbs in my headlights weren't cuttin it. So swapped out the bulb holders from my Baja 1000s into my 6x7s and removed the little bulb cover thing. I think they turned out great! bright as hell and no more auxiliary lights mounted where ever.

IMG_7995_zps3pqnypmc.jpg

IMG_7993_zpsjwthottr.jpg

IMG_7996_zpsh2uqzx6a.jpg

No i was just seeing what kind of offers and such I'd get it. Decided to last week to just throw a 60 in it, cage it and keep on riding till it beyond repair then swap all the parts to something else.. Pulled the front end out yesterday and probably going to pick up a 60 sometime this week or early next. As always I set a stupid deadline for myself which again is Harlan but we'll see. Trying to sell my tires also to try to get some 40s to complete this whole project..

IMG_0444_zpstf9wkpjk.jpg

IMG_0447_zpseccjrkif.jpg

IMG_0451_zpslxnlmddr.jpg