My XJ's Big Boy Stage

Getting started on this thing tonight! Went and picked up my tires this morning and the rest of my brackets came in earlier today. Gonna try to get as much done tonight as I can see how far I get.

c91661387723df29655a85044e7c3156.jpg

86ef89bebea6887c5c8f959bec7ecadd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Calling it a night. Got a good bit done over all today. Got two of the 40s mounted up and on the rear axle to help me visualize ride height for the 3 link, Got the the coil buckets and lower mounts on the axle. For the driver side I tried to cut as little as possible out of the pumpkin. I did happen to grind a small hole in it though, no biggie though just welded it back up and forget about it. Got the frame brackets tacked in and PVC lowers mocked up. From the looks of it will work but still need to check tire clearance. The upper PVC mock link is just hanging there at that moment. Might get to tacking it in tomorrow and then the process of cutting out my floor to gain the separation I need between the lowers and upper. Other than that pretty success full night. Will try to get back to it tomorrow.

[

Got some more done today. Had to knock off a little early to rest for work tonight. Got the upper frame bracket in, made a stiffener plate that I welded to the unibody first then welded the bracket to that. Also plated the hole in my floor as much as I could. I might do a little more work to it a little later on but as for right now it will do. All the links are cut and fitted will probably be this coming weekend before I'll be able to get those burnt in also going to take the axle with me to get the tubes welded to the diff and to come up with some kind of truss to keep my upper on my axle tube. Next thing I'll be trying to get ahold of it some steering components then after that track bar stuff..

Picked up some flat tops today. Luckily I have a local shop around here that does them so didn't have to deal with sending mine off or anything. Also order what I need to build a track bar and front frame stiffeners. Since I kept my track bar off my 44 and the heims were in decent shape I am going to reuse them for now.

6f39c609f847a37e5bf71df73ff839bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Calling it a night. Got a good bit done over all today. Got two of the 40s mounted up and on the rear axle to help me visualize ride height for the 3 link, Got the the coil buckets and lower mounts on the axle. For the driver side I tried to cut as little as possible out of the pumpkin. I did happen to grind a small hole in it though, no biggie though just welded it back up and forget about it. Got the frame brackets tacked in and PVC lowers mocked up. From the looks of it will work but still need to check tire clearance. The upper PVC mock link is just hanging there at that moment. Might get to tacking it in tomorrow and then the process of cutting out my floor to gain the separation I need between the lowers and upper. Other than that pretty success full night. Will try to get back to it tomorrow.

What did you set the caster angle at? It looks pretty extreme there.

Though, I guess this thing will never see the road again, huh?

More to add! Track bar stuff got here pretty quick. Order all of it from Barnes4wd, Got it mocked up this morning between work and class. Looks like it will work out just fine with the high steer.. Frame stiffeners were suppose to be here today but didn't show so I guess it will more than likely this coming week. I just tacked the frame mount on so I could get a track bar put to gather. I'll knock it up and weld the stiffeners down first. Also loaded up the axle to get all the brackets burnt in and to get a upper control arm mount brace put in.

IMG_0713_zps5loliufj.jpg

Pretty much all the fab work is done with the axle now. I do want to had a little extra piece to the truss behind the track bar bracket but other than that its done. Everything is burnt in even the tubes. Now its time for some gears. Will be ordering them soon as I can still kinda debating on just gearing the front to match the rear with 4.88s or gearing both to 5.13s but I probably won't make up my mind till I push the "submit order" button lol. Also got all the links burnt in as well.

IMG_0726_zpsyyth6beg.jpg

IMG_0727_zpsyeraufft.jpg

IMG_0728_zpswdkywpzw.jpg

IMG_0732_zpsp4vbpjsk.jpg

So Fedex dropped the ball on my stiffeners. Was suppose to have them early last week but I am still waiting on them. Talked to the place I ordered them from and they sent another set out which should be here tuesday. Other than that should have gears ordered by then end of this week or next. Then can get the axle back under the jeep and start pulling it all back together.