March ride in Westminster SC

Meet you there. I will be in the red Xtera.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I have developed a sigificant noise under my jeep and cannot identify it. I am heading back home and not going to be able to make it up there. I am sorry, I really wanted to see the place

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No big deal. I shall report my findings.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

I am at that address and there us nothing here but a double-wide and several vehicles in varying states of disrepair. Time to check out the trails in Chattahoochee.

Okay, after going up there yesterday I ended up not going in.

Here are some things I noticed:
I did not notice the place at first and drive all the way to the dead end of the road and turned around. There was nobody outside except at the turn-around.
The young woman on the porch of the second-to-last house on the left took notice of me. As I turned around, her boyfriend was on the front porch with her and they casually waved at me so I waved back.
Driving back up the road to find this place, there were noticeably more people outside and alert to my presence. I spied a young man in his upper twenties walking down the road talking on his cell phone. I asked him for directions to "Twin Ridges." He informed me it was the double-wide up the hill, drive up his driveway to the right and it would take about 10 minutes to run his whole loop. Without directly saying anything, I felt he was implying that it was less "off-road park" and more "Guy who lets people pay to play in his land." Then him and I had a short conversation about his Grand Cherokee he just finished making a long-arm suspension on in preparation for going to Harlan, KY.
Anyway, there was no signage or any indication that I was "supposed to be there." I really felt awkward just driving up this guys driveway and playing around in the hills behind his house.

Also, the whole area gave me a weird vibe. Maybe the tours in Iraq and Afghanistan has honed my sense of situational awareness to the degree that I may be thinking things too deep, maybe the area is just wary of "strangers" on their road, but something was subconsciously telling me to turn around and that my children should not be there.

Again, I am not trying to say anything bad about this place or the guy, but I think I just verified a few other posts earlier that described the place as mismanaged and the wondering what the heck are we driving into.

As to not wast a three hour drive to get there, I took the boys to Horsepasture Road and Jumping Off rock so they could stretch their legs and play in the waterfalls.

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you, I am just saying I decided to refrain from directly stating that.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I'm glad you were able to make something of the trip, and,I'm glad that Steve and Anne had fun. We'll keep our eyes on this place and see if it develops into something worth going back.