M416 Trailer Build

Very Nice. I like how they added the entry enclosure on it like you had on your old one. That is one thing I wish ours had. Where are you camping in Edisto? We are headed out there sunday morning for the week.

how much heavier is it than your old one? that one pic makes it look like its squatting the right side of the trailer.
27lbs heavier than the old one. The trailer is squatting because I didnt have the ladder bolted on and the cover and bottom enclosure were sitting inside the door. The latter is meant to support some of the weight of the overhang, so that the trailer or vehicle doesn't sag to one side. I mounted the ladder last night, this ladder feels like I could use it as a land bridge for the jeep.

Very Nice. I like how they added the entry enclosure on it like you had on your old one. That is one thing I wish ours had. Where are you camping in Edisto? We are headed out there sunday morning for the week.
They offered the enclosure right after you bought yours. This is actually a different brand than yours and my old one. They have fixed a few of the issues from the early models now. We will be in edisto the weekend of March 13-14.

This one also came with the enclosed room below. I'm not sure that I will be able to use it like its planned to be used, but it could make a cool separate tent for the kids when she is older.

this shows a good pic of the ladder until I get a pic of mine.

the new tent is so much wider, that I was worried I may be able to tip the trailer back if we all got on the left side of the tent. So I added a removable landing leg to the right rear of the trailer, which is at the center of the tent. This should keep us safe from tipping. Its totally removable and adjustable for height.

Any desire for a tailgate?

I need to get back to working on mine. Still haven't put the new tires on yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got all the stuff to put a tailagate on my other m416, but because of the flip up lid on this one, i dont want to take away from the structural integrity of the tub with a tailgate. It takes a lot of force for these lift struts to lift the lid, and when its closed, they are still pushing.

What were you gonna do for the tailgate?

I need to redo mine because it was so cobbled together and cut with a torch. sheetmetal is warped as hell.

What were you gonna do for the tailgate?

I need to redo mine because it was so cobbled together and cut with a torch. sheetmetal is warped as hell.

The soldiers converted bantam T3s to civilian trailers after the war using angle iron, I plan to copy their diagram for the tailgate. I cant find the diagram now, but it looks like this when you are finished.

http://bantamt3c.com/bantam191.htm

Riddle me this? (Im really slow at math but I'm gone say quick) Quick math on the new top + quick math on the new tent = electricity and a hot shower somewhere.

With the upgrades and big money on new top and new tent figures your gonna keep balling and add electricity and a hot shower to trailer to go along with it.

With the upgrades and big money on new top and new tent figures your gonna keep balling and add electricity and a hot shower to trailer to go along with it.

Ah, I wish. Top is on loan from the manufacturer and I sold my old tent to be able to afford the new tent. I have had plans for an onboard deep cycle battery for a while but haven't done it yet.