How did the First meeting of the semester go?

The meeting actually went really well. We didn't have the massive amount of new people show up like usual but most never come back again anyways. the new people that did show up all paid dues right then and were really excited about joining and what we have planed. Didn't get to look at everyones rigs but should be some good potential. A kid came into work the other day and i gave him our email and told him to join had a tj on 35" kevlars, metalcloak fenders and sittin pretty low. Couple other jeeps that are well on there way to being beat the hell up (they just may not know it yet). Had about 10-12 new members pay.

Overall, it's looking like it's shaping up to be a good year.

Last edited:
yep, and got some peoples attention. but there just isn't near the wheeling crowd like usual. Checked all freshman lots and even local apartment complexes. Just not much there that didn't have mud grapplers, 10ft whip, and a frat sticker.

hahaha exactally.

oh, and the best was one of those trucks you just described had a "carolina squatin" windshield banner.....Really?
Haha i saw that one the other day and might have signed a little bit. Brooks it looks like we got a good crew this year hopefully. Got a couple TJs now actually, 2 on 35s and 2 stockish ones. The trip next weekend will be a good sign of whos gonna go wheeling.

DERRN knew I forgot something haha. I need to get a members list as well for Brent. Im about to send out an email today so Ill put the forum in it since this really is our main way of communicating outside of email.

and Brooks do you have to do something special to get a signature? Trying to figure it out so I can put my name there so its less confusing for our new people

Ha I wish I could. Im going to chalk my college experience up to a learning adventure ill pass on to my kids so they make better decisions. Like deciding not to go to a crappy school haha.

that guy with the kevlars and metalcloake is the one on jf I invited to the meeting. Lake murry build is his build on there. Same guy who yelled at david across the parking lot that he had a nice comanche.

Seemed like some cool folks. I'm gonna try and be apart of the club as much as I can this year, need to pay my dues. I'd like to go next weekend but getting the ole wisdom teeth out next thursday so I'm gonna be drugged up and dreamy for a few days. Btw there's a facebook group about the carolina squat, there's actually been guys lowering the rear to make it sit like that...

Hey guys, I'm a former member from when Brooks was running things. Just moved back down to Anderson, SC for work, and found this new forum when I googled Clemson Offroad. Wanted to check in and see how things were going, saw brooks had started this thread. I'd like to try to tag along a few trips sometime. Sounds like ya'll got a good group this year. How many total members now?

kenny

Is this the kenny that came to URE with us a year ago or so? haha. We still have a decent number of good, active member. Always trying to up it though. Deffienly like to have some alumni wheel with us. Got a trip this weekend to beasley knob if your interested.

Yep that's me. I'd love to check out beasley knob, but I'm on call at the hospital this weekend...I don't have a day off until Sept 17. Also, i pulled my rear bumper off today, and found that the stock bumper mounting points on my XJ are cracked and ripping away from the framerails, so now I have no bumper or recovery point.

With that said, anyone in the club that welds, or would be willing to take a look at my rear crossmember/frame rails? I need to get something welded in place so I can get a tow point back on there. And also so my jeep doesn't crumble and fold in half! I don't have a ton of money, but I do have a ton of beer and a sweet tailgate spot!

Yep that's me. I'd love to check out beasley knob, but I'm on call at the hospital this weekend...I don't have a day off until Sept 17. Also, i pulled my rear bumper off today, and found that the stock bumper mounting points on my XJ are cracked and ripping away from the framerails, so now I have no bumper or recovery point.

With that said, anyone in the club that welds, or would be willing to take a look at my rear crossmember/frame rails? I need to get something welded in place so I can get a tow point back on there. And also so my jeep doesn't crumble and fold in half! I don't have a ton of money, but I do have a ton of beer and a sweet tailgate spot!
Take some pictures of it. Im sure a couple of us wouldn't mind taking a look at it and seeing what we can do. Beer is a highly accepted currency in Clemson haha

September 18th at 7pm at fiesta grill. I think i saw the blue fj at outdoor adventure the other day. Is that your rig?
Argh, I'll be at the Southern Appalachian Expedition at Crawford's and Beasley that Sunday. When is the next meeting or are they posted somewhere?

I don't think that was me. I did meet a girl recently who works at Moe Joes and has a blue FJCruiser. I don't have any current shots as I've put on a new tube front bumper, new sliders, and have a tube rear bumper that is sitting in my shop's basement awaiting install. Here are two fairly recent pics. My FJ stands out a bit with a RTT on top and white vinyl decals on both sides.