Grand Dads Cj5

You need to put a cage in that thing before worry about air
That would imply that he may get off camber. You know that isn't going to happen.

A family cage would be nice if your going to put little ones in the back. I found some Corbeau knock-offs that are kid sized. I am planning on two in the back of jeepster.

That would imply that he may get off camber. You know that isn't going to happen.

A family cage would be nice if your going to put little ones in the back. I found some Corbeau knock-offs that are kid sized. I am planning on two in the back of jeepster.
if they are racetrim seats they are way small, they look more like baby seats than preteen

Ive finally gotten this thing out of the shed. Its had a few small issues that need addressing. We are headed to Winrock for a dirt road, easy trail ride late November. For the most part its ready to go on the trailer for a good weekend of camping and riding. Ill write a post ride write up but it may not be as cool as Nicks ride with ton'ed out red label rigs.

Started doing some prep work and getting some issues resolved. Cj5's didn't come with a factory seat bar. Clippa salvaged me one with the frame brackets. Supposedly the holes are in the frame for it to be bolted on, just need to order some spring plates.
Installed some front shackles tonight, which prob gave me 1.5" of lift that it badly needed in the front.
I'll keep going over little things for now but here soon I need to decide my locker situation.
I'm on a time line now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how was the weather up there?
Crazy cold that weekend and not being able to build a fire or even grill out was a real buzz kill because of the wild fire situation.
I wish I could remember all the trails we ran. That Half Moon Campground was really nice with very spacious campsites.

I've been working on this thing some lately. Picked up a power brake setup off a YJ and some stainless braided lines. I'm amazed these rubber ones from 78 didn't blow out faster than Tyrones Trojan Magnum.

Also took the Yj leafs off of the front. While the front end moved fwd was nice things didn't work out with the steering or the shackles I had to use to run them. Picked up a set of super lift 2.5 Cj springs and all new poly bushings and some new spring plates to accommodate the sway bar and shocks.

Getting closer to making the Cj5 drive like a go cart instead of a wooden wheeled wagon with 200hp.
Put new ubolts and spring plates with a sway bar post. Sswapped out the yj leafs for some super lift 2.5 springs and Yj shackles. The Yj springs in the front never worked out like I thought. They are 2.5" wide vs the 2" stock Cj. The springs were to wide and rubbed against the casting on the differential causing the passenger side to kicked out real bad and make the shackle really crooked. Not to mention drive terrible since the Yj springs moved the axle forward. The pitman arm and tie rode basically touch all the time.
Picked up some heavy duty gas charges shocks from Napa. The stock replacements were to soft for my mtn bike much less a jeep plus some camping gear.