Bro-Lite Racing

As far as insurance is concerned I assumed that the facility fee for D-town was also covering that. I wouldn't think you would have to have your own policy to host the "event". That's definitely something to consider.

If it was on durhamtowns insurance im sure they would tell them to go pound sand. Whatever they charge isnt worth the liability of a bunch of nerds coming out there in 30k subarus and no rollacage. SCCA is a huge organization.

the motor restrictions really help keep it to a drivers race instead of who can build the most power.
I agree. The ranger front suspension makes it ideal compared to the S-10. The motor and trans limitations even the playing field. It's an idea for fun, not to see who can spend the most money. Probably the only type of racing i'll ever be able to afford.

the motor restrictions really help keep it to a drivers race instead of who can build the most power.
Was just a joke I realize why they have the motor restrictions. I plan on either having a rallycross car or a bro lite here soon. I feel like I'd get more use out of a bro lite truck with my current schedule and time to wrench than my Jeep.

One thing to consider on the Brolite racing. When the Gwd Mudbog does their event they purchase insurance thorough the weekend. We could possibly work it out to have something there at some point. The obstackle course could become bro lite course with very little work. There is also a circle track at the back side of the property as well as a ton of land.

One thing to consider on the Brolite racing. When the Gwd Mudbog does their event they purchase insurance thorough the weekend. We could possibly work it out to have something there at some point. The obstackle course could become bro lite course with very little work. There is also a circle track at the back side of the property as well as a ton of land.
That sounds like a good plan. Hell a time trial lap around the main road in Gulches would be pretty sweet too. Except when your teeth fall out by the end of it.

Long bed in Charlotte. I wonder what the best setup would be.... regular cab short bed or extended cab long bed?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4767711164.html

No mileage on this one. I like the old flat nose ones better.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4767600067.html

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4765121396.html
Extended cabs fit a rollcage better because the shoulder harness bar can be further back giving more adjustment for seating position an allowing more room for cross braces in the cage. I would also think longer wheelbase would help the stability over jumps & such.

Weigh more and have worse steering though.

I'd keep it as bro-lite as I could without taking away the driveability of it (keep glass and bedcage done so it's minimal and the beds still useful.

I'm trying to find a pic of a build I saw awhile back that was a race truck that was a dd.

I'd do the belt bar possibly outside the cab. What I do won't have windows or anything. I'll cut whatever I have to to make it work and be comfortable. I was also thinking the wheelbase of the long bed may be the ticket but it would probably be slower in the turns. And I don't think your gonna be doin any crazy air on the stock front suspension.