#2, The B Team

Yeah the motor is what i was talkin about. I want to clean up the 4.0 i picked up and i was looking for pointers. You to clean up job on those parts is lookin good.

Yeah the motor is what i was talkin about. I want to clean up the 4.0 i picked up and i was looking for pointers. You to clean up job on those parts is lookin good.
Brooks. They make a special "engine cleaner" that I've used with pretty good success. However if it has the mud/oil misery on it, wire wheel it. For normal oil and dirt that you don't want to get water near, the brake cleaner is what to use.

No real updates. I did manage to bring my camera though for the first time. We pulled the transmission, trans case and bellhousing and my dad sanded and painted the skidplate. The new axles and springs are installed although I still have to replace all the bushings. I got replacement stock ones from 4wd to keep it stock. I don't plan on opening up this transmission or case unless the drain plugs tells me a different. Gonna get the flywheel resurfaced next week and install new clutch kit. I hope to have some better updates soon.

Attachments

Heres a pic of the Jeep with the body on just to see the stance before getting blasted. I'm happy with it. It wont get blasted until after Oscar. Shes alot closer to her original glory now.
Preblast.jpg

I scored one original Levi blue seat with all buttons and a complete set of Levi buttons from a friend for free. I may have the other seat lined up by tomorrow. I picked up some fenders and a new rear crossmember last week. I put the fenders on just for the health of it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371431492.550516.jpg

Did Jeep not put Levi on the seat buttons in 79? I guess not. I got this 79 seat from a friend out of his CJ.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373329791.792845.jpg
My dad repaired the rathole using fabric tucked under the seat. I still have to find the correct buttons and they are all over eBay.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373329938.302924.jpg
The cushion is not fully attached yet here. I got another seat off of eBay that has the right buttons but did not take a pic of it. It is in about the same shape.

How much trouble would it be to title this Jeep (not abandoned vehicle or salvage)? Is it possible? I may have a made a poor decision to purchase without title in hand as it seems to be unobtainable now. I want to title with this VIN# as it is the exact model and color I was hunting if possible. I believe that an abandoned vehicle title is marked as salvage. Do any of you all know what if any options I may have? I can get a bill of sale signed.

No telling how many hands the jeep has been through since title holder had it. Hope he's not some redneck lunatic who claims it stolen. Hey Jimbo, can I borry your phone??