Uwharrie Christmas Trip, Dec 9-11

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
December 9-11 we'll be heading to Uwharrie for our annual end of year / Christmas trip. We will be camping in the Badin Lake Group Camp area as we have previously. This year we will be spending both days (Friday and Saturday) on the Uwharrie National Forrest trail system.

The plan is to leave the Waffle House at I20 exit 92 at 9:00 am Friday. We'll head to camp and unload, probably hit the Eldorado Outpost for lunch, then run some of the easier trails friday afternoon. We'll do dinner in camp, breakfast Saturday morning, then head to the more difficult trails. Saturday dinner will be Shealy's BBQ like we've done in the past. You'll be on your own for trail lunches.

We're doing a trip T-shirt this time and are currently accepting ideas for the design. Please check out the design thread here:
http://www.offroadsc.com/showthread...-T-Shirt-Design-Competition&p=71348#post71348

Trip price is $40 for driver, $20 for passenger. Take $20 off your total if you're a paid 2016 member. The $40 for driver includes a shirt. If passengers want a shirt, add $10. This will include 2 nights camping, 3 meals, 2 day trail passes, and the T-shirt.

Also, the Forrest Service has announced that the trail system will be open until the morning of 12/19 this year. Hopefully this means there will be less of a crowd because it's not closing weekend.

Some have shown interest in going up late Thursday night. If you want to do that, please let us know and we'll work out the details.

Last edited:
IDk if you guys saw but Deborah Walker passed away. She was the ranger for URE. There is a memorial for her on the 10th at UOFTC.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We've decided to offer the option of short or long sleeve shirts. Please include the shirt size and type with your payment. If you have already signed up, please let me know if you want long or short sleeve.

The deadline for signup is Sunday 11/27 @ 5:00 PM. If you do not sign up by then, you WILL NOT get a shirt, and you MAY NOT get food...

Me plus one. How do I pay you?

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Just to clarify, I will not be there until Friday evening.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

Count me in plus 1. I will be coming in Saturday morning and meet you guys at the camp site before you head out. I will be spending Saturday night at the camp site.

If anyone else is going up Saturday morning let me know. We can follow each other up.

Chris