Toys 4 Tots discussion

So, Exit 33 is no longer an option, we had a few other ideas thrown out at the meeting. I propose a backroads trip North west of Columbia. Starting around Ballentine/Irmo and ending in the Newberry area with a Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese Lunch or Dinner.

I have a nice little route mapped that gets some good backroads under our belt that would be a nice drive.

We can pile all the toys in a trailer or jeep and bring them back when we are done.

I'm thinking November 19th which is the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

Any thoughts?

It definately has to be something local. I guess that the one area we went to in Hopkins would not be good since it is hunting season. Anyone have any access to a large plot of land?

I talked to Nick from the club about their picnic shelter on the lake that would make for a nice meeting location afterwords for a late lunch or early dinner.

I discussed with larry a bit after the parade this possible trip.

He brought up the fact that the Potato soup we had on the NC camping trip last year was good and worked well with the grilled cheese sandwiches. Thats an easy to transport and nice hot meal for a cold November day.

I'm still working on the route, but we have some time to finalize it. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas let me know.

When I get back from Illinois, I'm going to talk to the hunt club and try to get they to let us have it there. That is in hunting season so it mite be a hard sell, but I think we have a good chance sense it is for charity

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk