Thermal and Sound deadening Matererials

Now that my TJ build is more comfortable to drive, im looking to continue with more "drivability" Mods, the wife finally enjoys riding with me.

We have noticed that the floorboards and trans tunnel seem to be radiating heat, I have factory 98 carpet, I don't think it has any insulation(value)attached to it.

Looking for advice on materials for trying to keep some of the heat out, and while we are at it quieter. Im not really keen on anything spray on, ive been looking at dynamat, but that stuff is still higher than it should be. Anybody got any suggestions for thermal materials that can be put down under the factory carpet?

I used some I found on eBay for the Camaro floor. They had a video comparing it to Dynamat and it was about half the price. It seems to work pretty well. The car is stupid loud and with the windows up you can carry on a conversation going 90 down the interstate. Seems like it was called G-Mat. Quick eBay search didn't yield any results. I will try to look at the box one night and see if it has any info.

I would be interested in something also if it is fairly weatherproof. I would love to just stick something on the side of the trans tunnel on the passenger side and on the back passenger footwell.

Interesting, I was looking at some of the alternatives, some have a shiny metal backing others don't.. I would think you'd want the metal layer.

I was thinking if its durable, I would just stick it on the bedliner in those two areas. Assuming its black. The new tub already has a heat shield on the underside.