Scoped Out Sunnyside ATV Paradise.

I drove out to Wrens, GA yesterday to scope out Sunnyside ATV Paradise.
The park is 900 acres with 90 miles of trails. There is an active kaolin mining operation on this tract of land as well. Admission is $25.00 per rig including driver and $5.00 per passenger, ages 5 and under free.

Now, here is the kicker. They are indeed open to both ATV's and Jeeps, just not at the same time. As it was explained to me by the manager, the ATV/Motocross crowd tend to drive fast and the Jeep/4x4 crowd tend to drive slow and that causes problems. (I assured him that I could haul all kinds of *** to accommodate the ATV riders, but I lost that one.) He stated that a club could "reserve" the park if there were to be a minimum of 50 participants. He also told me that if 50 participants would be a problem, the park's policy allows individuals to come on the "reserved" days. In other words, when a club reserves the park for an event, the park shuts down to ATV's/SxS/MX and opens to Jeeps, 4Runners, Nissans, anything else that is NOT a full size truck. He told me to check their Facebook page often to see if there are any groups reserving in the future. The manager also stated that at 900 acres and 90 miles of trails, he can have 100 Jeeps out there without anyone running into each other. They also allow camping at I think $10.

As far as the permanence of this place goes, apparently they have been around for a few years. They do have hard structures erected for the check-in/concession building. They probably will be around for a while. I guess the owners figure they could make a little side-cash from running trails in addition to the lease on the mining company, not too different from Windrock making side cash from running trails in addition to leasing out natural gas rights and space for windmills to the energy companies.

It is 90 miles from Old Mill, mostly interstate. I am not sure if we, as a club, can amass 50 rigs. However, I can keep an eye for when we can go on account of another club reserving it. He did say that a Jeep group out of Savannah are coming up soon. If Y'all are interested, I can get the dates on when it will be open to those guys.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Sounds promising. I'd be interested if we could jump in with another club, but I know we can't do 50.

May even be worth a few of us taking Atvs down to check it out.

Taking some ATVs sounds like a good idea. I can ride shotgun in a SxS if anyone has one. I sent a message on their Facebook page inquiring when the next time it will be open to Jeeos

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

That $25 fee is steep compared to just about any other park I have ever been to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This place is 47% higher in price than Windrock, yet Windrock has 7900% more land and 289% more trails.

Typed on a phone where my fingertip spans across three or four keys creating lots of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

They said 90 miles of trails.