Preparation for Bumpus

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Who's ready and who's got to fix what?:grin:

I think I'm ready now except throwing on the spare tire and jack, and packing up.

I just finished:
-plugs and wires (maybe it'll stay running on all 4 this trip...)
-fixing damage from Gulches and replacing the driver's side mirror
-putting some paint on damage to stop rust
-adding a little more strength to the anti-wrap bar mount
-attaching rear bumper securely :shaking:

Now I just have to watch the weather to decide full top or half top...

I really need to replace my front ujoints, I keep meaning to ask you to grab two of those ujoints from matt and bring them to the meeting, I'll call you tomorrow to remind you.

I need to swap tires too, and replace the hiems in my trackbar finally.

The only thing I can think to do is maybe adjust my PS box. Wish it could be a little tighter for the 80 mph burns I find myself doing on the interstate accidentally :smokin: I really need to do a quick rebuild on the old '87 peice, but I may just let it slide and just bring another PS box with me for parts.

Dana 300 T-case is leaking, blah... :deadhorse:

Replace rear axle pinion seal. 5 minute fix

Whole vehicle lube job. On it.

Negative on the screwing with the PS box! Turns out it's just a worn out TRE at the pitman arm. Probably just going to build a completely new drag link with heims on both ends. Needed a reason to crank up the Hobart anyways. :weld:

And as for the leak.... I'm using 90 weight now. I can live with a leak knowing that it's the only problem I'll probably EVER have out of that case. :flipoff2:

just put more fluid in my tcase....still leakin like a siv, but I dont have the time or the tools to pull the yoke, and mess with it this week. Maybe when I get back. I need to swap tops, pull my rear seat, and thats about it. Rigs in pretty good shape :) I am trying to get the trailer cleaned up enough for the drive...

I only need to mount my rear shocks mounts and mount them, Just finished my alignment, need to get the tires balanced, Tighten my bumper down, Tighten my whole front end down, and get a fire ext...
and make breathers for the axles.