November 19 Toys 4 Tots at Gulches ORV Park with Krawl Off-Road and MidCarolina Jeepers

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We have RV site A booked. The intent is to have my camper there as a meeting point / club base. If you plan to camp the weekend, grab your site now. They book 3 months out so they just opened up.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I am need some suggestions for my lil' tent (supplies, etc.). :cool::unsure::unsure:
Do you already have the tent, or looking for recommendations on tent? If you have one, what size?

I'm done sleeping on the ground. Double thick air mattresses or cots are nice, but too tall if you have a small tent. If its cold, both will freeze you. You need a thermal pad.

I have a small 3-minute pop up tent. I do not plan on sleeping on the ground (someone had mentioned the air mattress)! I am not sure a cot with mattress would fit (measuring this weekend). But I am pretty sure a single double think air mattress will work fine. I don't need a lot of space.

Tell me more about this 'thermal pad'. Kinda like long johns for the bed? :)

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have a small 3-minute pop up tent. I do not plan on sleeping on the ground (someone had mentioned the air mattress)! I am not sure a cot with mattress would fit (measuring this weekend). But I am pretty sure a single double think air mattress will work fine. I don't need a lot of space.

Tell me more about this 'thermal pad'. Kinda like long johns for the bed? :)
Something like this, or they make self inflating ones. I have an REI self inflating one that's a couple inches thick. Basically you need something under you to insulate from either the air mattress or the air that flows under a cot.
Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest Classic Foam Camping Sleeping Pad https://a.co/d/eHHZw9H

I wish I could. But it is looking like we will still be making the ride down on Sunday to hit a few trails at least. Even got a few new Jeepers (jeephers) that will be making their first trip in their new to them Jeeps.

They will have a food truck for lunch and we will have a limited run of shirts available for those in attendance. Bring a toy and come hang out at Gulches for a good cause!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jeep is prepped and ready to go. Looking forward to this.

My plan is to leave right after work Friday with the camper and get set up. I'll be there when the gates open Saturday and have tables set up under my awning with banners, etc. I hope to be able to get the shirts before Friday to have then ready for first come first serve.

Since there is a food truck on site, we won't do a club lunch. If anybody is staying Friday night we can discuss something for Friday dinner or Saturday breakfast.